SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#339955 - 02/16/12 05:07 AM Re: Valentine and Birthday Dedication for my Mom [Re: dongggoi]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Outstanding! thanks for posting!

#339962 - 02/16/12 07:08 AM Re: Valentine and Birthday Dedication for my Mom [Re: dongggoi]
124 Offline

I can only echo the comments here so far. Beautifully done, clear diction, accurate pitching, and two key changes, effortless range. Triple AAA! Thanks so much, Jinx.

I just came to your posting from DonM's live set. Wildly contrasting styles, each with their own masterful touch. I gotta love the diversity on here. It's what arrangers are all about.

#339971 - 02/16/12 08:23 AM Re: Valentine and Birthday Dedication for my Mom [Re: dongggoi]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Jinx-THANK YOU! Mom is really proud of her son, for sure.

R.

#339975 - 02/16/12 09:06 AM Re: Valentine and Birthday Dedication for my Mom [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WOW ... probably the best five minutes I will spend today ...
No doubt she was your musical inspiration, as my mom was to me ... you CERTAINLY did her proud ...
THANK YOU !!!

#340498 - 02/21/12 10:14 PM Re: Valentine and Birthday Dedication for my Mom [Re: dongggoi]
dongggoi Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS, USA
Thank you so much to everyone here for your kind words! I am humbled by your comments, especially when it comes from a group of absolutely talented people like yourselves!

I have to admit, the real pros are the musicians who perform live regularly, before live audiences, where anything could go wrong.(gear not working, PA problems etc.) To be able to perform under that kind of fire, is in my opinion, one of the most difficult things to do, but also very rewarding when everything goes well.

I haven't performed live in about 10 years....and I have decided to get my ass out of my comfort zone and do it again. This will happen next week. It is just an open mic event at one of the hip local bars, but I hear there will be a lot of people. I have about a week to get over the initial fear of the unknown as it were!

Anyhooo, for this video, I programmed the song into my DAW, mixed it, and after that, with the help of an up and coming director, I shot the video. The concept was something simple, as we didn't have much time before my Mom's birthday. Using a Canon DSLR, we shot the scenes in my home studio. She came up with the idea of looking through an old photo album. I also decided to intersperse the video with old photographs of my family, to glue together the concept of looking through old photos. It seemed to work so we ran with it.

After about roughly 6 hours of shooting the raw footage (over two days), I started looking for video footage of my Mom to splice into the music video. I had to get an analog to digital video converter since most of the family footage was in old VHS tapes. So there I was, late in the evening, frantically looking for footage of my Mom. Then in one fateful moment, I inserted one of the tapes, and when i played it, that scene of my Mom appeared, as if she was there guiding me to put that tape in the VCR. It was perfect.

I edited the video using Sony Vegas Pro...which is in my opinion, one of the easiest yet powerful video editors to use. After that, it was a question of placing all the footage and aligning them with the pre-recorded studio recording of the song, and deciding how to put the scenes together.

So there you have it. Making videos is a new and exciting new hobby for me, and I want to do more of it. I think you guys should all do that too, make a music video, with your favorite arranger keyboard!

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online