SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#339980 - 02/16/12 09:59 AM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Don ... never apologize for a posting that is informative and provides some light-hearted humor as well smile ...
I was neglectful in my post in that I wanted to compliment your use of the harmonizer ... not over bearing and very effective when used ...
I was happily surprised to hear you sing "Scotch and Soda" ... that is one of Lydia's favorite's that I do ...
BTW ... you been sneakin' a peek at MY playlist ??? wink

Tony, I suppose that's why they are called Standards, everybody does 'em. I sometimes play a little trivia game and tell the audience that whoever tells me the name of the artists that did Scotch and Soda gets a free drink--no Googling though. Nobody has ever come up with the right answer.
DonM

#339983 - 02/16/12 10:45 AM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
There is actually a very interesting story about that song - taken from a youtube site ...
Dave Guard, a member of the Trio, first heard it while he was dating the older sister of baseball's Tom Seaver at their home. The song had been a favorite of Seaver's parents since they first heard it played in a piano bar on their honeymoon back in 1932, and they decided to make it "their song" and had the piano player write down the music and lyrics. Guard loved the song, the Trio recorded it, but they never discovered who wrote it although they searched for years to discover the composer.
It's a shame the composer never got the rightful credit for it ...

#339984 - 02/16/12 10:54 AM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I didn't know THAT, and I know everything! I heard the K3 do it in person many years ago, and they did it straight, no jokes.
DonM

#339987 - 02/16/12 12:11 PM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: DonM]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Don

It seems to me you didn't like the PA800 but you like the PAX3. Are they that much different? Are you able to play it right out of the box and it sounds good, or do you have to tweak, tweak, tweak to make it your own?

To me if it doesn't sound good right out of the box, then it's probably not the right instrument.

#339990 - 02/16/12 12:18 PM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

It sounded good out of the box, but there was certainly tweaking necessary to optimize it to my best use. In fact, it's still going on. However, virtually none of my tweaking had anything to do with the sound, it is mostly adjusting style part levels or changing sounds to better fit certain songs.
As I've mentioned before, the PA800 I bought was literally the first one to hit the U.S. The Rep handed it to me personally. It sounded awful. After I sold it Korg did a major overhaul of the OS and I'm told that it totally changed the sound of it.
Having said all this, I really believe the PA3X is a major step up from PA800. For sure it is from the one I had!
DonM

#339994 - 02/16/12 12:35 PM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: DonM]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
"t sounded good out of the box, but there was certainly tweaking necessary to optimize it to my best use. In fact, it's still going on. However, virtually none of my tweaking had anything to do with the sound,"

Yes, that;s what I meant also.

#340000 - 02/16/12 01:39 PM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
"t sounded good out of the box, but there was certainly tweaking necessary to optimize it to my best use. In fact, it's still going on. However, virtually none of my tweaking had anything to do with the sound,"

Yes, that;s what I meant also.

There hasn't been an arranger made yet that I'm happy with the out of the box sound...the fun for me is to make the sound
"MY OWN" with different blends of Rt 1,2,3 sounds, styles edits, sound choices and efx settings which isn't very hard to do ....once you do your "homework" your done..no manufacturer knows how I like my musical sound so as a pro performer tweaking is a necessity for me Always,in all aspects of my music...the arranger KB is just a tool. good luck to all. eek

#340037 - 02/17/12 05:13 AM Re: More Live Korg PA3X recordings [Re: DonM]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Very Nice Don...smooth and clear.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online