SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#340040 - 02/17/12 06:49 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Yamaha Styles:

Yes the Wersi will play them directly WITHOUT conversion up to the T2, (OAS 7 instruments require the OAA which has been standard for a number of years and is also available as a cost option upgrade for earlier OAS 7 instruments) however it does not come with any Yamaha styles, these have to be provided by the user.

Yamaha Mega Voices, Sounds & Drums:

Wersi has programmed its own voice set to match the Yamaha format, (They are not copied (Sampled) from a Yamaha) however because the Yamaha & Wersi use different sound engines they will never sound exactly the same, in addition they are also the programmers interpretation of the Yamaha sounds, so while the styles are the same, only the user can decide whether it suits them or not. (Remember many like Yamaha styles but not necessarily the smooth CD sound of a Yamaha)

All modern arranger keyboards are software NOT hardware; however they are closed systems that can only work on one specific type of hardware (Which normally in itself has limited expansion headroom) which cannot be upgraded when new features require an upgrade. (Hence you have to buy a new keyboard to get an upgrade of what went before)

The fact that nothing is copied sampled or supplied (Unless the dealer decides to throw some styles in) means there is no infringement of other manufactures copyrights.

You will also see on any full Wersi information brochure etc. that it does say that Yamaha, Akai and VST are the copyright of their respective companies.

NOTE: I am not a legal expert, but all the dealers, programmers and manufactures I have spoken to, have said exactly the same as I have said above.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer

Bill

#340090 - 02/17/12 05:43 PM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: abacus
Yamaha Styles:

Yes the Wersi will play them directly WITHOUT conversion up to the T2, (OAS 7 instruments require the OAA which has been standard for a number of years and is also available as a cost option upgrade for earlier OAS 7 instruments) however it does not come with any Yamaha styles, these have to be provided by the user.

Yamaha Mega Voices, Sounds & Drums:

Wersi has programmed its own voice set to match the Yamaha format, (They are not copied (Sampled) from a Yamaha) however because the Yamaha & Wersi use different sound engines they will never sound exactly the same, in addition they are also the programmers interpretation of the Yamaha sounds, so while the styles are the same, only the user can decide whether it suits them or not. (Remember many like Yamaha styles but not necessarily the smooth CD sound of a Yamaha)
All modern arranger keyboards are software NOT hardware; however they are closed systems that can only work on one specific type of hardware (Which normally in itself has limited expansion headroom) which cannot be upgraded when new features require an upgrade. (Hence you have to buy a new keyboard to get an upgrade of what went before)

The fact that nothing is copied sampled or supplied (Unless the dealer decides to throw some styles in) means there is no infringement of other manufactures copyrights.

You will also see on any full Wersi information brochure etc. that it does say that Yamaha, Akai and VST are the copyright of their respective companies.

NOTE: I am not a legal expert, but all the dealers, programmers and manufactures I have spoken to, have said exactly the same as I have said above.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer

Bill

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bill I said the Wing has first class sounds and features, what I would have liked to have said as well is, that I have heard another keyboard manufactures style Ketron/Yamaha that was converted to the wersi, and it either sounded as good if not better. The styles I heard in the promo video, I did not like at all. I know its a personal preference thing, but I think thats why Yamaha, Ketron and Roland have the larger market share.

So If you can oblige me with that, a demo that makes me a believer, then I will stand corrected, and will want to be updating to the wing.

#340096 - 02/17/12 07:18 PM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Bill, I read the manual, can you not change the instruments used in the styles, for other instruments in the wersi or programms?

#340109 - 02/18/12 02:48 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Robbo

You can do whatever you want with the style with the OAA on OAS 7 instruments; however I don’t think sound change has been implemented in the Wing yet. (It is one of the criticisms in the Wersi Forums, and as many of the previous criticisms have now been implemented via free updates of the OS then it’s quite possible that the feature will be added in the future)

Not having a Pegasus Wing I cannot vouch for what is available except what is in the manual, also I do not have the OAA as I am not a massive style player, and the all singing all dancing styles of Yamaha do not float my boat.

I have found these demos though which hopefully will give you an idea of what to expect with Yamaha Styles. (NOTE: I have no idea what settings where used and from the balance they were probably not professionally done)

http://www.wersi.no/demo/pegasuswing/wingyamahaintro3.mp3

http://www.wersi.no/demo/pegasuswing/wingrytmeryamahatyros2.mp3

http://www.wersi.no/demo/pegasuswing/wingyamahaballade.mp3

http://www.wersi.no/demo/pegasuswing/wingyamahapopflamencomm.mp3

Hope this helps

Bill

#340115 - 02/18/12 05:42 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I am looking forward to the return of a very major Brand to the Ensemble Organ market(thats home organs to you and I) and they are going to be presenting some serious equipment.

#340135 - 02/18/12 08:12 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
I am looking forward to the return of a very major Brand to the Ensemble Organ market(thats home organs to you and I) and they are going to be presenting some serious equipment.

Lets see, Yamaha, Roland, Wersi, Bohm, Orla are still players in the home organ market

Korg has never had any home organs, so they can not return to something they where never a part of...

Lionstracs Organ from Helmut has shaltered off.. very quiet from there

I don't see Hammond reenter the organ market

From Casio i am expecting everything, but not an organ

Clavia Nord will stick to the professional market

I once had an Eminent organ, but they turned fully towards the church organs.

So that prolly leaves us with Solton/Ketron or Farfisa and maybe a new Italian based organ... Cheep home organs from Ittally (compared to Wersi/Yamaha/Bohm/Roland), OR will we see the revival of General Music?

Edited by Bachus (02/18/12 08:13 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#340152 - 02/18/12 09:36 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Tonewheeldude Offline

you will know soon enough smile

Funny you mention Solton/Ketron - they started with Organs but I don't thik they were well know internationally...maybe they will re-introduce this smile it has to be my favourite advertising line at the bottom of the spec sheet smile

Attachments
SoltonDisco64.jpg

SoltonDisco64spec.jpg

#340240 - 02/19/12 05:46 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
I think its time for the S950 and S750. And going by past timing, it won`t be long before we start to hear of the Motif XF rack, S70XF and S90XF as well. And a lot of time from now i.e later this year wink , a Black T5 would be in the launchpad as well smile
Only time will tell though. Fingers crossed.

Auron Music

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online