SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#339912 - 02/15/12 01:08 PM Re: My Valentine for my wife [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Heres some replies off you tube on this pretty song...

"This song is truly an instant classic. As a musician, I get tired of playing "My Funny Valentine". We performed&#65279; this song tonight for the first time. It was well received. Most people never take the time to consider their own feelings or the feelings of others. "My Valentine" is an honest expression, a love letter, from Paul to Nancy. This is a gift from Paul to everyone. It's a song for lovers who understand . . . and for cynics who should try. Thank you, Paul McCartney, for this splendid song!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I was listening to this song completely mesmerized, with husband sitting behind. He picked up his guitar and played along, not taking his eyes of me. Enchantingly beautiful. Thanks so much, you and Paul helped create a magic moment for us (and so many others who listen with their hearts). A warm greeting for your day."

Edited by Dnj (02/15/12 01:09 PM)

#339922 - 02/15/12 03:01 PM Re: My Valentine for my wife [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Super rendition, Don. IMHO, that's a difficult song to "get down pat"... (on such short notice) and you did a fantastic job. Don't listen to that "man behind the curtain" over there in Plain Dealing... he just likes to "yank your chain." Enjoyed alot.

Dave Rice

#339923 - 02/15/12 03:06 PM Re: My Valentine for my wife [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Dave,
There's another version on there now too, plus some more songs.
Ya'll pray for sunshine so I will play golf instead of posting songs.
DonM

#339926 - 02/15/12 03:54 PM Re: My Valentine for my wife [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Funny you should mention golf, Don. I played today while you guys appeared to be getting a pounding, rain-wise and possibly with high winds and hail It was windy here but dry and Squaw Valley is in pretty good shape for this time of year.

I know you are a good golfer but it's obvious that you are making a living singing and playing there in Shreveport. This forum is indeed fortunate to have so many great keyboard artists who hang around and share "war stories" with the rest of us peons... LOL!

Dave Rice

#339976 - 02/16/12 09:11 AM Re: My Valentine for my wife [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Thanks Dave,
There's another version on there now too, plus some more songs.
Ya'll pray for sunshine so I will play golf instead of posting songs.
DonM

I'm not sure if you are a better golfer or player/singer, because I have been personal witness to both - thank YOU - but we can't share your golf, and we LOVE sharing your music !!! smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online