Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#339944 - 02/15/12 10:51 PM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Bill,

If you wanted to sit down and play a Wersi Abacus Pro, where could you do it.

Tony

Last time we tried to find a wersi dealer around here in PA ....when they got there it turned into a Liquor store with a faded WERSI sign behind the New Liquor store one.. surprised

The kiss of death with a Wersi, here today, gone today, at least Ketron, however bad they are, they have managed to weather the storm, I have not got a clue why, perhaps DonM, Bernie8, Robbo, and me for buying one , if I missed someone don't be offended. sofa

Donny, do you like the Wesri Wing, according to Billy Abacus if you buy a Wing and you will never buy another KB ever again, not certain what that really meant, ween you off KBs altogether, perhaps Donny you better buy one, don't pay by Paypal pal, not in a music shack near you and Frankie is not a dealer. Looks like a flight to Germany Donny.

Regards good Buddy.

Your Mate

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#339956 - 02/16/12 05:13 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Tony Hughes]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
You guys are overly dramatic regarding Wersi. Had you called in advance before headed to Wersi USA, Ralph or Chris would certainly have accomodated you with a personal demo. They closed the small storefront long ago but have been alive and well all along. Chris handles all service and upgrades and Ralph handles sales and support. I've received nothing but excellent support from them and highly recommend purchasing from them.

Tony, I think you have a personal issue with Wersi that is very apparent in your posts. If you aren't willing to make a short trip in the UK to see the Wing in person then why not just shut up. Clearly your not serious about purchasing one but are hell bent on slagging a product you haven't seen in person. Wersi UK isn't that far from you so take a drive, take the train, and save us the hassle of your general pessimism.

#339964 - 02/16/12 07:27 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Ketron User]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Ketron User
Hello,

Wersi will be there with a new Organ Model and a Wing-Professional version.

(Latest news from Wersi-headquarters)

Regards,

Carlo

Interesting... it would be a first sign of Wersi actually still improving their concept after their take ovr.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#340001 - 02/16/12 01:45 PM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Tony Hughes]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Bill,

If you wanted to sit down and play a Wersi Abacus Pro, where could you do it.

Tony

Last time we tried to find a wersi dealer around here in PA ....when they got there it turned into a Liquor store with a faded WERSI sign behind the New Liquor store one.. surprised

The kiss of death with a Wersi, here today, gone today, at least Ketron, however bad they are, they have managed to weather the storm, I have not got a clue why, perhaps DonM, Bernie8, Robbo, and me for buying one , if I missed someone don't be offended. sofa

Donny, do you like the Wesri Wing, according to Billy Abacus if you buy a Wing and you will never buy another KB ever again, not certain what that really meant, ween you off KBs altogether, perhaps Donny you better buy one, don't pay by Paypal pal, not in a music shack near you and Frankie is not a dealer. Looks like a flight to Germany Donny.

Regards good Buddy.

Your Mate

Tony

Tony, in all due respect, I don't enjoy flaming a brand of keyboard unless it's in the context of referring to real specs or qualities of that keyboard. You're being disrespectful to the people who enjoy the Wersi.

I've never even seen a Wersi, and my impression is that I couldn't afford one, so it's no skin off my back ... but well I said what I said.

BTW, usually I enjoy your posts.

#340027 - 02/17/12 12:59 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Beaky,

I but jest and only as few people take any notice of my ramblings these days.

However I will take you up on what you said:

"You're being disrespectful to the people who enjoy the Wersi." shocked

To the best of my knowledge if you care to take a look on the Wersi Forum, Billy Abacus could do with a few of those people you mentioned to talk to him, he's on his own in there. juggle

Seriously Beakey, there are few KB nuts, if you cut their heads off they would have their favorite Organ or KB name in there like Blackpool Rock. rotf2

Tony

Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340031 - 02/17/12 02:17 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I listened intently to the wing. No doubt about it the samples and features are first class. But here is the problem, software has yet not been able to reproduce styles to a quality of a tyros 4, korg 3apx or ketron.

I don't know why this is the case because you would think today that they would have had it hands down. So for me the wing will not do, because the quality of styles is important to me in an arranger.

I hope one day someone can overcome the limitation, because the world is certainly going topen up for us then

#340032 - 02/17/12 02:33 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

That's what I thought too Robbo, we have been spoilt with the Audya when it's not locked up and the Tyros 4 for styles.

Tony

#340033 - 02/17/12 02:56 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: abacus]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
You can directly play Yamaha styles on the Wersi with no conversion using OAA. If you feel Yamaha's styles are what you want, simply load them in and you're off. Not knowing the capability of the instrument is something I see happen all too often. Next time ask questions or crack open the manual before making presumptions.

#340034 - 02/17/12 03:14 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Ensnareyou]
Tony Hughes Offline

Robbo,

Did you know that, I didn't know you could copy yami styles and play them on a Wing, in pubic is that legal.... and will they sounds exactly like the T4 on the Wing.

#340036 - 02/17/12 05:12 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Robbo,

Did you know that, I didn't know you could copy yami styles and play them on a Wing, in pubic is that legal.... and will they sounds exactly like the T4 on the Wing.

It doesnt say Yamaha styles, its says Yamaha style format... which is nothing more then a bunch of midi information.

Totally legal, or yamaha would allready have sewed the hell out of Wersi. Its the same as all those soft-arrangers do. the copyright is not with the style format, but with the styles data itselves.

The main question is : what sounds better, a T2 style file played on T2, T4 or on Wersi?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online