SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3395 - 03/06/07 11:33 AM help a noob buy some gear
Anonymous
Unregistered

right o . hello folks . i need help buying some synth gear and i'm not all thats sure about what to buy. i'm a guitarist and in the last 6 months ish i have been learning some piano on a casio digital piano but i want to get into playing keys more and synths, at the moment i'm loving listening to all sorts of synth stuff.

I want some gear that that i can obviously learn on at home but that i will be able to perform with in the future. I know from my early guitar days how wrong you can get these buying decisions when left to your own devices and i would sooner buy the correct gear from the start than buy all over again the months or years down the line.

So i've been doing my research on synths and i think i'm gonna go with an analogue moddelling type synth, i'd be too weary over the expenisive analogue synths despite the great tone and would'nt want to fork out too much anyway.

I'm looking for a ployphonic synth. And also i would want some good piano tones to use with the synth sounds. But i can't really find a combo of the two (if there even is one). I'd also want about 61 keys.

So to shorten it a little i want ...
a poly synth,
good piano sounds,
close to 60 keys (prefeerably with a good feel).
which are all good quality and not over expensive. although i am open to suggestions as your all more knwoledgable than me at this.

So i was wondering if you can have a setup consisting of a larger keyboard with good piano sounds that also controlls a smaller synth. so that i get everything i'm gonna want, only in two parts rather than looking for an all in one solution which dosent even exist. i don't know if it is possible but it seems like it would be a good soloution if it is possible....

so does any one have any suggestions? on what you think i could and should buy?

thanks in advance , especially cos i wrote quiet a bit there

#3396 - 03/06/07 05:56 PM Re: help a noob buy some gear
bthmedicinetree Offline

Loc: cranston, RI, USA
I use an Alesis Q6.1 with my band, 64 key and I love the piano sounds. The rest of the strings, organs horns and whatnot are good, and I really like the pad-style synth sounds...leads are OK too but I use my microKORG for that type of stuff. They don't make them anymore but they have the Alesis QS6.2 if you wanna look into that. I don't have any other keyboards, hope that helps...good luck and let us know

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online