SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#339543 - 02/12/12 07:05 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Oh, I did try it Fran. As I said, I must have done something wrong because it sounded horrible.
When I get time I will try again, JUST in case it could make the Bose system sound even more incredible.
Thanks,
DonM

Don, if you recall ..the Edirol has 3 formats..I would suggest the "flat" format..the others are "bumps" and "warm"

#339547 - 02/12/12 09:02 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Relax Don ... Fran's hearing is shot. He can't tell how good the Bose sounds without any outside help!
smile

#339590 - 02/13/12 07:14 AM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I sent my BA330 back after one day of trying it out at home. No b***s at all. But then again what did I expect from 30 watts. Everything else about it I loved and was hoping for a miracle. Great for maybe an acoustic guitar and voice but thats it. I still wish they would drop the battery power thing and put in a nice lightweight stereo amp with about 200 watts a side. Then I would buy two to stereo link together.

Another question in this thread. Can anyone really DJ with Bose compacts? Whats in the bottom, 8" woofers? Just can't see them pushing that much sound.
Just did 200 people Sat. and used my Carvin LM12" on stands with my Yamaha mixer pushing 500 watts into them and my Crate KX220 keyboard amp on the floor as a sub. Pushed it all to the max but it worked great and I got two more gigs. I keep looking for new stuff like the BA330 or Podiums as the next best greatest thing but physics tells me you need power and air movement.

Bill in NJ

#339596 - 02/13/12 07:49 AM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

Mackie tops & bottoms, subs,mixers for me always.
Learned my lesson with everything else.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (02/13/12 07:50 AM)

#339601 - 02/13/12 08:03 AM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

There seems to be a growing number of DJs here using the Bose L1 Model-II, two KJs using the Bose L1 (old model), and two that I know of using the L1 Compact. One of the guys using the Compact uses a pair of them, while the other guy DJs at restaurants and bars and uses a single Compact. I suspect there are a lot more DJs and KJs using them than I know of in this part of the world, but because we tend to work different circuits we rarely come in contact with them.

On the compact, I believe the sub consists of an 8-inch long throw, but I could be wrong about the size. I know it has all the bottom end anyone could ever want for audiences to 150 people. The standard Model L1 uses a 10-inch long throw sub and it will blow the windows out of most venues. I've performed at Martin's West in their largest hall with the L1 standard and never turned the master volume much beyond the 10 O'clock position, and that was a mixed crowd job that dictated higher than normal volumes for me. I had 200 plus people in a Conga line snaked through the room while I played and sang Hot Hot Hot. The only problem I encountered was when the facility manager came in and asked me to turn it down a bit because he could clearly hear me in the lobby, which was some distance away. I complied with his wishes and no one complained the volume was too low.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#339686 - 02/13/12 06:38 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Gary, I think you have your numbers wrong - the Bose B1 bass speakers are 6 1/2", and there are 2 in the unit. I always thought the compact had 2 8" woofers, but I could be wrong. I dont feel like looking it up right now ... if it's important - someone else will do it!
d

#339698 - 02/13/12 07:26 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You could be right, Dave. I remember the Z-5500 had a 10-inch long throw sub, but it was powered. The L1 may have had a pair of long-throw 6.5s, but I just can't remember and no longer have the system or the spec sheets. Now I rely on my compacts, which are more than adequate for just about anything I do these days. The compact definitely has a single 8-inch sub. Here's the spec sheets: Bose L1 Compact

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#339702 - 02/13/12 07:31 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

If you want bottom bass you gotta push air...plain and simple.

Bottom Baby!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online