SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#339362 - 02/11/12 08:53 AM Re: BEST KORG PA3x Demo I've seen yet wow! [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The PA3X has made this "old guy" sit and jam with myself more than any keyboard in recent years, maybe even more than the Audya.
At the jobs that make me money, they want to hear music they recognize and can dance to, so this style of playing has limited commercial value (to me).
Recently, I set the tempo lock (one button) and went through many of the styles in the Jazz section and pretended I was jamming with Captain Russ! You can even hit a bunch of random notes with the chord hand and look to see what exotic jazz chord you have made, and it sounds good to boot. smile Is there an emoticon for "tongue in cheek"?
I think I recognized that "Tower of Power" style used in the video by the intro and ending but it is called something else on the non-musikant version of the PA3X.
DonM

#339446 - 02/11/12 10:43 PM Re: BEST KORG PA3x Demo I've seen yet wow! [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I'd like to hear what he does with a romantic ballad. Can anyone point me to a "Youtube" demo where he's playing something "mellow?"

#339448 - 02/11/12 11:11 PM Re: BEST KORG PA3x Demo I've seen yet wow! [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
The PA3X has made this "old guy" sit and jam with myself more than any keyboard in recent years, maybe even more than the Audya.
DonM

You see Don, your Uncle Tony was right after all, that grip the Audya had on you is slipping, just as I said it would, I think the Pa3x will take some beating Don, far more sophisticated and better built and supported than Audya will ever be, love those blue LEDS. BTW have you noticed with the Pa3x they have put LEDS where they should be,the Audya lacks LEDS on buttons, sometimes you are not certain where you are on the Audya, just poor design, ergonomically inferior, lacks lustre. Glad you realize now.

Glad you like the Pa3x so much , it will hold it's own now.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online