SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#339360 - 02/11/12 08:50 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Dnj
If you don't get PAID to play you are not a pro IMO.

You are right. I am a amateur using a Pro arranger smile

#339361 - 02/11/12 08:52 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

I dont think Yamaha is aiming at the pros at all, because in Yamahas vocabullary, pros don't play arrangers, they play workstations. The Tyros 4 is there to make ammateurs like me sound like the pros do...

You are partially right, Bachus, in that the Tyros4 is not specifically "aimed" at "pros"...however, that hasn't stopped many professional players from using the instrument. In fact, many pros also use it's baby brother, the PSR-S910.

Some arranger players, including pros, just happen to like a "user friendly", terrific sounding instrument and easy to use operating system.

Playing an arranger requires a different, but no less important, set of skills than it does to use a "workstation" and those who have honed these abilities to a fine edge, have benefited greatly from having an arranger under their fingers.

Ian

#339363 - 02/11/12 08:55 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

If you don't get PAID to play you are not a pro IMO.

Yes, and just because you get paid to play, doesn't mean you are an advanced player.

Lots of players out there, with less than stellar skills, are making money, and not just on arranger instruments.

Ian

#339367 - 02/11/12 09:13 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

To me Pro refers to getting paid opposed to skill, all else is amateur...as in college vs pro sports..

#339370 - 02/11/12 09:24 AM Re: Yamaha team working together on something new? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

To me Pro refers to getting paid opposed to skill, all else is amateur...as in college vs pro sports..

Yep, there are lots of "amateur" arranger players out there with advanced playing skills that surpass many so called "pros".

Many of my clients are absolutely outstanding players, but earn no money from it...they play at home for their own enjoyment.

Just because you get paid, doesn't mean that you are an advanced player, although, by definition you are considered a "professional".

Ian

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online