SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#338932 - 02/06/12 03:26 PM Re: freejazzlessons.com [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Boo, I can't tell you how many great "jazzers" have regretted the day they picked up their axe and got "hooked".

That' SO SAD!

We've all heard it before. The more complex the music, the smaller the audience (and money).

But, as you know, once you're "hooked" you simply can't play anything else.

Lot's of folks make more money than me. Lot's of players get a bigger crowd reaction than me.

But NOBODY love's in more.

And I know you feel the same way.

Russ

#338934 - 02/06/12 03:42 PM Re: freejazzlessons.com [Re: Nigel]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Naw, Boo would play Your Cheatin' Heart for 75 cents!
DonM

#338938 - 02/06/12 04:24 PM Re: freejazzlessons.com [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Mason, you "hit it out o the park" again!(LOL)

Russ

#338984 - 02/06/12 10:38 PM Re: freejazzlessons.com [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Nigel do you think he can teach me to play as many notes in a bar as Dexter Gordon, Coltrane and Rollins does without one mistake? I don't think that they are or were human. They are probably from some other planet.

smile The website simply offers some sample voicings and licks to give people some ideas to work with. It doesn't try to do any more than that. But it does it well and it is so refreshing nowadays to see a free website that encourages and assists keyboard players. Steve Nixon is doing a great job.

#339077 - 02/07/12 06:38 PM Re: freejazzlessons.com [Re: Nigel]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don,

I do try to play request. Yes, I would need to get .75 cents to play "Cheatin Heart." Heck I'd even play "My Bucket's Got A Hole In It" but I'd need to get at least .85 cents for that one.
Don to be honest, I even learned to say "thang" instead of "thing" when I sing country tunes. Shoots, I can even pronounce "thang" using the word "every" in conjunction with it.

Russ, I think it was Brandford Marsallis who said, "he researched the sales of JAZZ albums and the biggest seller was 30,000 copies or so." Can you believe it?

I recommend that if you're making money at this "one man band" stuff, stay away from the jazzlesson site. As soon as you learn to ad a flated 9th or a raised 11th, or a Cm7b5 your income will drop overnight. Ha! Ha!

Don't anyone take this personal and get your feathers ruffeled OK? It a joke and us JAZZERs have to laugh at ourselves for being so stubbron and this is the way we do it.

This subject just killed Buddy Rich. He said all he wanted to say about country on Johnny Carson one night in 1863 or there about.

Edited by brickboo (02/07/12 06:39 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online