SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#338916 - 02/06/12 11:18 AM O/T -- UPS white glove treatment
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I bought a guitar from someone in Connecticut. He came down off his price alot and I agreed to pay up to $100 for shipping. It doesn't cost that much to ship a guitar, it should've cost about $60, give or take $10. But I was okay with that since he came down off the price alot. He agreed to pay if it was over $100. He just emailed me a notification of shipment and sent a copy of the receipt and it was $199! For "UPS white glove packing service." What the heck is that? Is that were you take it to UPS and they do it? My gosh, they made a killing. They charged about $140 extra to pack that sucker! I can't wait to see this box.

I can't believe he paid that much to ship! What a waste.

EDIT: Wow, this does not seem right. His price was with a 15% corporate discount! They charged...

$15 - box
$43 - pack
$142 - ship ground residential

I don't get it... $142 for ground?

Edited by SemiLiveMusic (02/06/12 11:21 AM)

#338919 - 02/06/12 12:15 PM Re: O/T -- UPS white glove treatment [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

"its an enhanced delivery service

I haven’t used it from AMazon, but generally, it includes setup of bulky or termpermental products like HDTV’s etc; delivery inside, setup, connection, and haul away of debris. With Amazon, it may be that you can’t get a quote or details until an item is actually in your cart, because obviously, the cost would be different for a home entertainment system than a simple tv.

I had this service from PC richards for a washer-dryer and a refrigerator, and it was great! They came, installed the things, took the old ones away, it was totally painless and worth every cent.

Amazon does have a pop up box for this...

Shipping Restrictions

This item can be shipped only within the contiguous United States. This product requires special handling and may ship separately from other items in your order. Our shipper will call you to schedule delivery and on delivery will unpack this item and remove all packaging.

Amazon.com's White Glove Delivery Service

At Amazon.com, we believe that your purchase deserves a special degree of handling and delivery. To achieve the highest customer satisfaction, we provide a white glove delivery service that is designed to ensure that your purchase arrives damage free and in a timely manner.

Trouble-Free Delivery
Once you place your order, your purchase is prepared for shipment and is delivered to a specialized delivery agent in your area. When the product arrives in the local facility, an agent will call you to arrange a four-hour delivery window between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. In some metropolitan areas, Saturday delivery is available if you are unable to be at home on a weekday.

Damage-Free Delivery, Guaranteed
At your home delivery experts will place the carton in a room of your choice on the ground floor, unpack the product, and remove all packing materials from the residence. If you find signs of damage to your product, simply refuse delivery, and you will receive a refund."

Edited by Dnj (02/06/12 12:16 PM)

#338961 - 02/06/12 06:38 PM Re: O/T -- UPS white glove treatment [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
"its an enhanced delivery service

I haven’t used it from AMazon, but generally, it includes setup of bulky or termpermental products like HDTV’s etc; delivery inside, setup, connection, and haul away of debris. With Amazon, it may be that you can’t get a quote or details until an item is actually in your cart, because obviously, the cost would be different for a home entertainment system than a simple tv.

I had this service from PC richards for a washer-dryer and a refrigerator, and it was great! They came, installed the things, took the old ones away, it was totally painless and worth every cent.

Amazon does have a pop up box for this...

Shipping Restrictions

This item can be shipped only within the contiguous United States. This product requires special handling and may ship separately from other items in your order. Our shipper will call you to schedule delivery and on delivery will unpack this item and remove all packaging.

Amazon.com's White Glove Delivery Service

At Amazon.com, we believe that your purchase deserves a special degree of handling and delivery. To achieve the highest customer satisfaction, we provide a white glove delivery service that is designed to ensure that your purchase arrives damage free and in a timely manner.

Trouble-Free Delivery
Once you place your order, your purchase is prepared for shipment and is delivered to a specialized delivery agent in your area. When the product arrives in the local facility, an agent will call you to arrange a four-hour delivery window between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. In some metropolitan areas, Saturday delivery is available if you are unable to be at home on a weekday.

Damage-Free Delivery, Guaranteed
At your home delivery experts will place the carton in a room of your choice on the ground floor, unpack the product, and remove all packing materials from the residence. If you find signs of damage to your product, simply refuse delivery, and you will receive a refund."

So Bill, maybe someone will come to your house and 'set up' your guitar for you ... you know - tune it, adjust the strap, take away the box, packing material, the whole deal ... smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online