SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#338943 - 02/06/12 04:51 PM Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm curious why Korg Pa3x "keyboard owner produced" YouTube videos are mostly ALL Middle Eastern music genre only,
and that there remains "so few" Pa3X owner posted videos of Western style music that we talk about and discuss here and on other English speaking arranger keyboard forums.

In contrast, there are tons of popular Western music videos continually being posted on YouTube by Yamaha arranger keyboard owners.

Is there something about Korg vs Yamaha arrangers that may be contributing to this huge disparity? confused1

Scott

#339013 - 02/07/12 06:50 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: Scottyee]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
This has been discussed many times, Scott, the main reason is that the KORG keyboards are alot cheaper and you get more bang for your buck then any other brand, YAMAHA TYROS are very expensive compared to KORG, other factors are the sampling option,upgrading from a KORG PA80 to a PA1X or PA800 is better then a TYROS for most, I have always been a rebel and liked all brands, especially GEM and Technics which as I said many times were ahead of their time, but I saw that the mainstream Oriental market is KORG, so I have to buy a KORG, styles are available much easier then any other brand also, and another big factor is SUPPORT. Although here in GREECE there is no support in regards to a GREEK manual, KORG left us in the DARK, that is the biggest complaint here.

#339023 - 02/07/12 07:37 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: vangelis]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I always thought that Korg styles/sounds were better suited for Middle Eastern music although I'm not sure.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#339026 - 02/07/12 07:39 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I've felt that Yamaha sounds worked best for Western music in general...especially the SA/SA2 voices.

Probably why you see more Western Music done on Yamaha.

Ian

#339027 - 02/07/12 07:44 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: vangelis]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: vangelis
This has been discussed many times, Scott, the main reason is that the KORG keyboards are alot cheaper and you get more bang for your buck then any other brand

Hi Vangelis,
I agree about your "bang for your buck" statement, especially with the KMA.
of which has turned me into a big Korg fan, and which has also rekindled my interest in eventually getting a Pa3X too.
As far as the price, if Korg is cheaper, than why aren't more Western European and North American arranger players joining the Korg band wagon too,
especially considering that most all of Korg's factory Styles were specifically tailored for and sound great for Western pop muisc.
It's that fact alone that has me wondering why there aren't a LOT MORE YouTube videos of Korg Pa3X owner produced western pop music. confused1
Scott

#339028 - 02/07/12 07:47 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

#339048 - 02/07/12 10:40 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: vangelis
This has been discussed many times, Scott, the main reason is that the KORG keyboards are alot cheaper and you get more bang for your buck then any other brand

Hi Vangelis,
I agree about your "bang for your buck" statement, especially with the KMA.
of which has turned me into a big Korg fan, and which has also rekindled my interest in eventually getting a Pa3X too.
As far as the price, if Korg is cheaper, than why aren't more Western European and North American arranger players joining the Korg band wagon too,
especially considering that most all of Korg's factory Styles were specifically tailored for and sound great for Western pop muisc.
It's that fact alone that has me wondering why there aren't a LOT MORE YouTube videos of Korg Pa3X owner produced western pop music. confused1
Scott

Hi Scott,

I think it might be that the Middle East/Balkan market has been Korg's strongest market for a long time. How that came about can only be that they saw a bigger opportunity in those parts of the world in which arrangers are more accepted than in the mainly synth-oriented west.

With the Micro, I get the sense that this is Korg's introductory push into the Western market and, if successful with that, will result in more mid- to high-end arrangers appearing in the future.

In the west, we can already see a division of sorts between those who prefer a certain kind of sound, well documented on SZ, between those who like smoothness and those who prefer a more live, in-your-face approach. Korg, in the latter category, may well tap into a market that, so far, has been 'smoothed' over. More power to them.

#339072 - 02/07/12 04:15 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: 124]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

It's simply matter how much you can customize your keyboard.Oriental players rarely use factory styles or voices.
On Korg they can make their own styles right on the keybord,and there is full blown sampler and synth engine.Korg support AKAI format for importing samples.Yamaha is good too but most of these things simply you can't do.Even on T4.T4 doesn't even take samples from T3/T2.You still have to convert them,and good luck making styles on the keyboard from scratch.You simply can't.Should it be there,I think it should especially on T4.But,it was made for home player and not for professional musician.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#339073 - 02/07/12 04:51 PM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza

It's simply matter how much you can customize your keyboard.Oriental players rarely use factory styles or voices.
On Korg they can make their own styles right on the keybord,and there is full blown sampler and synth engine.Korg support AKAI format for importing samples.Yamaha is good too but most of these things simply you can't do.Even on T4.T4 doesn't even take samples from T3/T2.You still have to convert them,and good luck making styles on the keyboard from scratch.You simply can't.Should it be there,I think it should especially on T4.But,it was made for home player and not for professional musician.

I can understand all you are saying it is so true....obviously you have the answer in a nutshell...great post and food for much thought. clap

#339373 - 02/11/12 10:06 AM Re: Korg Pa3X Owner YouTube Vids: Middle East Only? [Re: mirza]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Originally Posted By: mirza

From what I see you can make a style on a PSR-OR 700 and you can't make it on a Tyros 4 from scratch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online