SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#338752 - 02/05/12 03:24 AM Re: Requested Feature for Yamaha MusicFinder [Re: shueymusic]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: shueymusic
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Johnathan,

You already have that feature on the Tyros MFD--it's called favorites. And, you can customize the Favorites list and MFD using Michael Bedesem's Music Finder View program, or just build the list on the keyboard.

First of all... it should be easy to do in the keyboard instead of being done in a separate software solution. Does it put it in the order you want or is it alphabetical? Do you have to rename the songs with numbers i.e. 01-02-03??

Yes it can be done right at the keyboard, it alphabetizes them, if you don't want them alphabetized then you would have to rename them. You can add files to the mfd from the USB ports or the HD. I also create separate mfd files for different gigs. They are backed up, then easily loaded from the keyboard. Nice thing about separate MFD files is they have to be only as large as the number of tunes you may be playing at a particular gig. The result is let's say an MFD file with 75 possible styles, mp3/wav or midi files.

#338769 - 02/05/12 07:33 AM Re: Requested Feature for Yamaha MusicFinder [Re: kbrkr]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve beat me to the punch with the answer, however, that's why I place him right up there with DonM at the top of the list of my best students. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#338770 - 02/05/12 07:45 AM Re: Requested Feature for Yamaha MusicFinder [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

MFD = "good idea" that needs major improvements

#338776 - 02/05/12 08:27 AM Re: Requested Feature for Yamaha MusicFinder [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Thanks!! SZ is full of awesome people!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online