SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#338459 - 02/02/12 07:49 AM BEST KB SUPPORT
Tony Hughes Offline

A friend of mine bought a Pa2x, it was second hand about 3 years old, some of the blue leds have failed so he contacted Korg UK in Milton Keynes, they said, just send it back to us and we will fix it free of charge. Now you know who to buy your next KB from, only if you intend to keep it a while a Korg will do. I wonder out of all the KBs around, what companies would do that with such ease and way out of warranty???

clap Korg clap

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338472 - 02/02/12 08:40 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Stories like these are heartwarming, Tony.

Does Ketron offer much the same?

Ian

#338477 - 02/02/12 09:12 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: ianmcnll]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Not to burst your bubble Tony, but the Pa2x was notorious for the Blue LED outage issue to the point that the company was one step from doing a full blow recall on the units.

With that said, it's easy these days for a company to turn their back on their customers. Especially to Ian's point about Ketron.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#338480 - 02/02/12 09:23 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Stories like these are heartwarming, Tony.

Does Ketron offer much the same?

Ian

No not from what I have heard.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338481 - 02/02/12 09:25 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Not to burst your bubble Tony, but the Pa2x was notorious for the Blue LED outage issue to the point that the company was one step from doing a full blow recall on the units.

With that said, it's easy these days for a company to turn their back on their customers. Especially to Ian's point about Ketron.

Al,

I did know all about it I had a Pa2x, but I never had and LEDs go down on me, but it hellish good of them, they could have charged him 3 years on. I am sure that Yamaha would do the same.

#338483 - 02/02/12 09:51 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, Tony, Yamaha have gone above and beyond the call of duty many times over in my experience.

So Ketron's support is a tad lacking?

Ian

#338485 - 02/02/12 10:10 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: Tony Hughes]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yamaha has repaired many, many out of warranty keyboards at no charge. The S900 immediately comes to mind with its failing display.

The best in-warranty folks you'll ever run across is Logitech. When a single speaker fails they send you an brand-new, replacement sound system. No charge for shipping, no returns necessary, just a complete system replacement.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#338487 - 02/02/12 10:21 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Yamaha has repaired many, many out of warranty keyboards at no charge. The S900 immediately comes to mind with its failing display.

The best in-warranty folks you'll ever run across is Logitech. When a single speaker fails they send you an brand-new, replacement sound system. No charge for shipping, no returns necessary, just a complete system replacement.

Gary cool

Yep...Logitech is awesome.

I have several of their products...two Z-2300 systems, USB Headphones & microphone combo, keyboard and mouse, and a G-25 Leather wrapped Steering Wheel & Pedals (absolutely terrific for driving games).

Had an issue with one of the Z-2300...replaced without any problems.

Ian

#338492 - 02/02/12 10:45 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Well to be honest, as evidenced by the following thread link, my experience with Yamaha has not always been stellar:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/202235

Back when I owned Tyros 1, I reported to Yamaha USA that my Tyros was not being recognized by my PC via USB.

I was 'repeatedly' assured that the problem is not a defective Tyros keyboard USB port, but that it must be something 'I was' doing wrong in setting things up on my PC from my end. Defective USB cable, improper PC USB driver, etc.

It took many months later (after repeated complaints from me, and then finally discovering on my own, and then having to prove to the head of YamUSA Tech support, that Yamaha Europe had already acknowledged this same problem months earlier, and had already issued an official hardware replacement fix for this problem, and 'only then' did Yamaha USA finally acknowledge that my T1 probably had the same defective USB Port part too, and only then did they finally agree to fix it, even though, by then, it was several months past my T1's warranty period. After all, I had initially reported the problem well within the warranty period, so this goes to show just 'how long' it took for them to finally become convinced that the problem wasn't my PC or something I was doing wrong, but a result of the deffective USB port on the Tyros itself. I gotta admit, that was truly a long frustrating experience. One would expect that because this was an acknowledged defective hardware part bug by Yamaha Europe, that Yamaha USA should have had knowledge about it too. Too bad it's left up to us as the customer to act as detectives to get things resolved.

Scott

#338497 - 02/02/12 11:00 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

It would have been 10mins to prove Yamaha wrong, go use a friends PC and his USB cable if it did'nt work on his PC then its a Yami problem, if Yami still didn't believe you, then take it to a friends, friend that would take another 10 mins, am I talking crap. duel

Regards

#338503 - 02/02/12 11:55 AM Re: BEST KB SUPPORT [Re: Tony Hughes]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Scott,
It would have been 10mins to prove Yamaha wrong, go use a friends PC and his USB cable if it did'nt work on his PC then its a Yami problem, if Yami still didn't believe you, then take it to a friends, friend that would take another 10 mins.

I did exactly that, and even after reporting getting the same results, I still couldn't get Yamaha USA
to acknowledge it was the fault of my keyboard and not something else. frown
It was only after I finally was able to prove to them from an official Yamaha Europe acknowledgment of the same problem
that they finally accepted repair return authorization to replace my Tyros defective USB port.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online