SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#338309 - 01/31/12 03:07 PM Re: Just got an Android tablet. Need advice [Re: Beakybird]
Beakybird Offline

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it.

I noticed that there is one sheet music viewer that has great reviews on Android called MobileSheets that enables annotation, page turning, music playback of audio files, metronome, and bluetooth pedal support, presumable to turn pages.

It doesn't have the ability to transpose which is something I would appreciate. I'm sure there are Apple sheet music viewers that do that.

But outside of reading sheet music, I want the tablet to read emails, do some light word processing, watch Netflix streaming movies, look at pictures through Picassa, Pandora, maybe some video chatting, stuff that the tablet can do easily already.

I don't see myself needing other music applications. If I want to record, I have my Zoom Q3HD or I can record to USB on my PSR-S910.

I do recognize that there are a gazillion Apps that Apple has that I can't get with the Android. Some I will want, like the ability to play sheet music and transpose it. But it's not worth $200 for me at this point.

Android is coming out with a new OS, Ice Cream Sandwich http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-4.0-highlights.html. This is supposed to be a very rich platform that might compete better with Apple's OS.

I'll toy around with this thing. Maybe at some point I'll trade it in for an Apple.

#338311 - 01/31/12 03:18 PM Re: Just got an Android tablet. Need advice [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

Seems to me the Apple Ipad is leading the pack.....and app companies are catering BIG TIME for programs for the iPad....in all walks of life besides music applications...and with iPad3 coming out in march OMG!!! Whats next!

#338312 - 01/31/12 03:24 PM Re: Just got an Android tablet. Need advice [Re: Beakybird]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird

I noticed that there is one sheet music viewer that has great reviews on Android called MobileSheets that enables annotation, page turning, music playback of audio files, metronome, and bluetooth pedal support, presumable to turn pages.

I'll have alook at that - thanks for the info, I have been very dissapointed with my Epad, and apart from playing Angry Birds it has little use!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online