SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#338292 - 01/31/12 09:33 AM Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!?
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
A friend of mine is looking for the best bag/case with wheels for his new Tyros 4.

Any ideas??? Thank you!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#338293 - 01/31/12 09:41 AM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: shueymusic]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I have used different SKB soft cases for years with different keyboards. Fot the T4 I use the SKB 61 soft bag, mainly because it's light and therefore easier to lift out of the van and into the gig. But, because it's soft you have to be careful with it.

Also I had to cut down the foam at the end just a little to make it fit better.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKBKB61/

#338295 - 01/31/12 09:48 AM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: shueymusic]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
HI Johnathan, smile

Not a bag, but here's the lightweight 20 lb Tyros 4 case (with wheels) several of us purchased and recommend: cool
I recommend this over a softcase as it's only 1 lb more than my previous Kaces Porter softcase w/wheels,
yet offers better protection with strong & ultra lightweight Luan wood & aluminum hardware.
Case is well built with attention to detail.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/330487/

#338296 - 01/31/12 10:11 AM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: Scottyee]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I use the SKB 61 case I did over 250 shows with my Tyros 4 and never had a problem it the perfect case and not heavy if you are flying get hard case if not go SKB. IT IS GOING ON 4 YEARS WITH THIS CASE and if is still holding up I had psr s910 in before.

Edited by musicforyourday (01/31/12 10:12 AM)

#338326 - 01/31/12 04:51 PM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: shueymusic]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
That SKB soft case weighs 12.6 lbs. The hard shell from Island Cases, which is a custom fit job according to my personal specs with the company which they have now made available to the public at my suggestion, weighs 20 lbs exactly. So it weighs 7.4 pounds more than the soft case.

The SKB soft case sells for $135. The Island Case I bought for $165.

In that the hard shell Islands Cases Tyros 4 case weighs only 7.4 lbs more and is only $30 more, both factors which I would have to say are negligible, for so much more protection for such an expensive keyboard, I would think anyone would see the advantage over the SKB, or any other soft case by a long shot. Example, the Gators soft case that fits the T4 weighs 26+ lbs.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._Als#Post330486

ScottL

Edited by Scott Langholff (01/31/12 04:52 PM)

#338330 - 01/31/12 05:34 PM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: shueymusic]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi guys,

I too compared the SKB61 softcase with the custom made specifically for Tyros 4 'Island Case that ScottL, Mikey, and myself ended up going with.

Checking the specs (see above link) of the SKB61 softcase, the weight difference between it and the Island Case' is actually less than 1/2 lb, smile and not 7.4 pounds as ScottL cited.
Because the Island case is custom designed to specifcally fit the Tyros 4, it's overall dimension is a bit smaller too.

Scott

#338332 - 01/31/12 05:41 PM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: Scottyee]
shueymusic Offline

Thanks for the input. My friend has used the soft bag that Yamaha made for the Tyros when it first came out but it is FALLIN' apart!!! He straps it to his back and wheels his entire gig set in one trip. He wants to continue that way. He plays 400 to 420 senior center gigs per year. The one trip thing is very important to him.

Thanks again!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#338337 - 01/31/12 08:00 PM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: shueymusic]

Scott

Would you believe that SKB makes two SKB61 cases? One for keyboard and one for guitar. Incredible. Guess I used that info. Your info is even better news as far as weight.

Schuey

If your friend is talking about the old YBTYROS soft case, which is no longer in production, it weighs the same as the Islands Case.

Now, if he's talking about a bag rather than a soft case, then that would make a difference. But that wouldn't be very safe for an expensive keyboard.

BUT, this guy carries his Tyros on his back and pushes a cart at the same time???? Doesn't he want to make it easier than that? I mean like as in a lot? I would never, ever carry my T4 on my back even if it was in a light trash bag. He's workin way too hard.

I move everything in one trip with a cart. My case is firm enough where you can set stuff on top of it. Personally, I use a double decker AV cart. My 2 JBL speakers fit on the bottom shelf and on the top shelf goes my keyboard, seat, equipment bag, laptop case, X stand, mic stand and music stand.

Also, of course a Rock & Roller cart is used a lot and probably would be preferable to most.

400 gigs a year and he's strapping it to his back. I still can't get over that. I hope this idea is presented to him. I'm wondering how old he is. If he's older, and even if not, I'm thinking he's asking for a back problem carrying it on his back.

#338341 - 01/31/12 08:37 PM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: Scott Langholff]
shueymusic Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Scott

Would you believe that SKB makes two SKB61 cases? One for keyboard and one for guitar. Incredible. Guess I used that info. Your info is even better news as far as weight.

Schuey

If your friend is talking about the old YBTYROS soft case, which is no longer in production, it weighs the same as the Islands Case.

Now, if he's talking about a bag rather than a soft case, then that would make a difference. But that wouldn't be very safe for an expensive keyboard.

BUT, this guy carries his Tyros on his back and pushes a cart at the same time???? Doesn't he want to make it easier than that? I mean like as in a lot? I would never, ever carry my T4 on my back even if it was in a light trash bag. He's workin way too hard.

I move everything in one trip with a cart. My case is firm enough where you can set stuff on top of it. Personally, I use a double decker AV cart. My 2 JBL speakers fit on the bottom shelf and on the top shelf goes my keyboard, seat, equipment bag, laptop case, X stand, mic stand and music stand.

Also, of course a Rock & Roller cart is used a lot and probably would be preferable to most.

400 gigs a year and he's strapping it to his back. I still can't get over that. I hope this idea is presented to him. I'm wondering how old he is. If he's older, and even if not, I'm thinking he's asking for a back problem carrying it on his back.

You are correct... the older, no longer being produced YBTYROS bag... which had wheels.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMYBTYROS

He carries on his back via the strap and drags the case with wheels behind him. He pushes a small cart with other smaller items while "dragging" the case behind him... the case on wheels. The SKB KB61 with wheels looks like the solution for him.

He is a retired school teacher. So I would guess that he is in his mid 60's... I never asked his age in the las 15 years that I've known him. He is in great shape except for the fact he can't lift to a certain point. He also has an older Honda CRV and likes to pack a certain way.

I'm still debating between the Tyros 4 and the Korg PA3x Pro for myself. Once I make my decision, I will get a hard case. Makes more sense to me to be able to stack items on top of the case for load in and load out.

#338349 - 01/31/12 10:10 PM Re: Best Tyros 4 Bag with wheels?!? [Re: shueymusic]

If you get a hard case, make sure it's this company or you will get regular plywood instead of luan plywood and you'll be talking over 30 lbs confused2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online