SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33791 - 11/19/08 04:56 PM SD3/XD3 question
GeneSC Offline

Loc: Seneca, SC, USA
I posted this on the General keyboards page and thought I ask here also.(gonna take some time to get used to this forum LOL

Hi guys, "newbie" here. I have been playing a (Ketron) Solton MS60 for several years (Love It). Recently our church purchased a Kurzweil Mark 152i baby grand piano and altho I like playing it, the rythms doesn't come close to the Ketron products. I've almost talked them into a Ketron arranger but I've never used one. I understand the basics of how they work and my main concern is which one to get?? I'm pretty sure that the XD3 will do more than my Solton and what I want to know is, Is the Sd3 really worth the extra money?? and also where is the best place to shop for one??
Thank you.
gene

#33792 - 11/21/08 05:46 PM Re: SD3/XD3 question
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Gene,
I am a dealer in Southern California and I ship all over the country. I've been selling Solton/Ketron since 1984. I'm very familiar with all their products from back then and currently.
The biggest reasons for me to buy the SD3 over the XD3 would be first, the polyphony. The SD has 128 and the XD3 has 64. Next, the 16 buttons on the lower section of the SD3 module let you select registrations for the first time where the names show up in a list of 16 at a time so you don't have to memorize numbers to remember what you are looking for for a specific selection. Also, these buttons can do all the same things that you had to do on a pedal board for the XD3 or your MS60.
The sounds are also better for instruments like acoustic piano, etc.
The other big new feature is the "riff mode" which allows you to pick a key and the SD3 will play chord progressions within the key you've specified.
You can buy the SD3 stock, with just a floppy drive, or with an optinal hard drive and vocal harmonizer for singers.
My price will be great.....just give me a try!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#33793 - 11/22/08 02:34 AM Re: SD3/XD3 question
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Not cuz i work for Ketron but i would really go for an SD3 if money is not an issue.
I own both and most of Ketron stuff, it is worth it.
As for George Kayes...stay away from him...ehehehehe...
For THIS person i Personally guarantee you! Even if you buy it for few bucks
more then other places still buy it from George
and noone else, you wont regret!
One more time, i personally guarantee you!

#33794 - 11/22/08 04:17 PM Re: SD3/XD3 question
GeneSC Offline

Loc: Seneca, SC, USA
Hey George Kaye, I took a quick look at your
store but didn't see a "search" (will look more
later) what would be your best price for a Church? if you don't want to post here email me
at gmc(at)nctv(dot)com

#33795 - 11/22/08 05:43 PM Re: SD3/XD3 question
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Thank you Nedim! and Gene, You've Got Mail!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online