SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#337882 - 01/28/12 02:48 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Scott, I really enjoyed your rendition of "Things We Said Today"
May I ask what style you used and how you achieved the vocal harmony. Great stuff!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#337887 - 01/28/12 03:44 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: montunoman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: montunoman
Scott, I really enjoyed your rendition of "Things We Said Today".
May I ask what style you used and how you achieved the vocal harmony. Great stuff!

Hi Paul, Ian, & Donny. Glad you guys enjoyed it.
I intentionally took a different approach on it than the Beatles original. grin

I recall that was a Tyros 2 factory pop latin style, but don't remember the actual style name.
Used the TC Helicon VoiceWorks, of which I think my current Tyros 4's 'built in' Vocal harmonizer sounds similar to, so ...
After upgrading to Tyros 4, I stopped needing to use the TC Helicon VoiceWorks unit anymore.
Anyone interested in acquiring my TC Helicon VoiceWorks unit? - Scott smile

#337893 - 01/28/12 04:06 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: Scottyee]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Scott,
thoroughly enjoyed the song..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#337894 - 01/28/12 04:09 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
interesting version. Really enjoyed it.

Are you reffering to Korg Unplugged styles?? it was great to see they added a few more to the pa3x.

Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
You could do this song (In My Life) with one of the unplugged styles. This is one helluva cover here, never heard Judy Collins do John Lennon's masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXIfP-EJx2M&feature=youtu.be

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#337899 - 01/28/12 05:24 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: Scottyee]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, You’re a pro. Your use of the vocal harmony is excellent; you added just enough.

OK, you’re hired.

John C.

#337900 - 01/28/12 05:28 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: ianmcnll]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Ian, you’re playing my kind of music; the background sounds like Jobeim. (Spelling??)

Thanks, John C.

#337964 - 01/29/12 11:30 AM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Ah, Oscar. There will never be another like him! Had the honor of visiting with he and a former piano tech who lived here when Oscar played the Singletary center in the mid-80's.

Everything he played was GOLD! And, he worked with two of my all-time favorites, Herb Ellis and Ray Brown, in the trio.

R.

I did an extensive clinic with him on the PSR-9000Pro at Yamaha Head Office in Scarborough Ontario...awesome guy...humble, great sense of humor...a real gadget freak as well.

Definitely one of my heroes.

Ian

OSCAR ... that's all that need be said ...
As to his being a gadget freak, I am not surprised to hear that as a good number of years ago I saw a PBS special about him and it showed him in his studio playing a keyboard connected to PC that printed out what he had just played ... He was into 'notation software' I think before a lot of us knew it existed ...

#337966 - 01/29/12 11:32 AM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

Would love to hear Oscar on a KMA.... piano

#337967 - 01/29/12 11:40 AM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
He sure freaked me out the day I was with him.

Split the keyboard on the PSR-9000Pro, and played in two different time signatures...at the same time.

3/4 in the left and 4/4 in the right....interspersed with little positive comments about the action feel and the button placement.

Sure wish I had switched on the 9000's sequencer and captured it.

He had on a weird watch that spoke the time, and crowed like rooster on the hour (too funny!)...it and was also a calculator...he was such a "positive" guy...total "up" all the time.

Truly a great loss. I was so fortunate to be in the right place at the right time.

Ian

PS...he ended up buying the 9000Pro, plus a top end CVP Clavinova.

#338023 - 01/29/12 09:36 PM Re: OT - Stunning song that can be done on arranger [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott, just listened. GREAT job, GREAT sound!
DonM

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online