SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#337864 - 01/28/12 12:28 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
If you read some of my posts, I have always said that a T4/Kronos combo would be one hell of a rig.

Bill

That's what I thought and thats why I am going a looking at the Kronos next week and the Audya is finally going.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#337886 - 01/28/12 03:17 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: kbrkr]
124 Offline

Thanks for posting that, Bachus. I don't think I've heard any arranger sound that good. That would fool a lot of ears into thinking it was an actual combo. The guy knows Miss Jones really well.

#337922 - 01/28/12 10:54 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
That's what I thought and thats why I am going a looking at the Kronos next week and the Audya is finally going.
Tony

Cool Tony. I look forward to hearing what you think about it. It is on my radar too so I want to hear your impressions and I know you have other pro keyboards to compare with. It's not only the sound I am interested in but also the ease of navigating the menus because I would be using it live and want to be able to pull up sounds instantly during live performance.

#337926 - 01/28/12 11:43 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Tony

Cool Tony. I look forward to hearing what you think about it. It is on my radar too so I want to hear your impressions and I know you have other pro keyboards to compare with. It's not only the sound I am interested in but also the ease of navigating the menus because I would be using it live and want to be able to pull up sounds instantly during live performance.

Nigel,

With the KKW (Korg Kronos Workstation) it’s a new start and thanks for you post.

I spent a lot of time with the Audya, had a lot of problems with it early on and would have loved at the time to just hand it back and get my money back, for reason which I can only tell you on a PM I could not do that, I was locked it to keeping it, it was a dealer thing from where I bought it. I was battered when I came on SZ by one person in particular (you know who, cleverest man on the planet), the Audya is good but alas not that good. In fact you know I have the T4 on top and the Audya on the bottom and frankly they are Worlds apart and they are probably like a fine tuned Yamaha racing bike and a Harley Davison, the later being the Audya, it will get you there but you will need to work at it, it’s heavy going. There are a lot of people who have had lots of problems with the Audya and still have. Skude I know is not a upfront complainer, but he still has major problems and it was never ever right that he should suffer in this way, and all the other Audya owners who gig and fear the hell of turning it on an it not working, this is not right. It does appear than Ketron are not concerned, if they were they would step up to the plate and fixed these thing. The Ketron design is dated, but like me swayed with it and even some SZders went on over the drums etc, even DonM bought one reckoned he never had one bit of trouble with it, best thing since sliced bread, but it was so good he got rid of it about a year back, I am a slow learner. If you have both T4 and Audya you will know if you want to go out and impress someone straight off you would take the tyros 4, why first of all when you plug it in and it boots up its going to work, Yamaha made 1000’s, the Audya I doubt if they made 1000. I have had not had any problems recently but others will tell you they still have, you can read their stories on Ketron SZ, there are still people with problems and Ketron aren’t going to help them, Ketron are a Company devoid of heart, soul and consciousness, they never had a PR department that perhaps tells all. (help-at-Keton@co.it) would have been at start. Once you have bought a Ketron you are in the hands of the dealer and most know nothing about the Audya. I don’t know of any Audya that’s ever gone back to Italy and been fixed. I have given it long enough I just hope there is someone out there who is mad enough to buy it from me, I know I am going to take a big hit and hey guys if someone doesn’t want to buy it to play it, they can always buy it for spare parts. If Ketron ever go out of business ( if they carry on as is) they may, an Audya for spare parts will be a real prize. violin DonM moved on it’s time for me to do so.

Remember one thing, owning an Audya if you want to send it back to Ketron is like toothpaste, easy to get out of the tube, but impossible to put it back in. mad

Thanks Nigel

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#337933 - 01/29/12 01:06 AM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

I think this is the best demo I have ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eovsM_r3wI&feature=related

What do you think, I hope this guy from the UK does some more, he should work for Korg

#337934 - 01/29/12 01:21 AM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I think this is the best demo I have ever seen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eovsM_r3wI&feature=related

What do you think, I hope this guy from the UK does some more, he should work for Korg

That is a great demo. Now I really want a Kronos. Thanks for posting that. From the opening logo I would say he already does work for Korg.

#337936 - 01/29/12 02:17 AM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Nigel,

Never seen him before and lots of Korg people doing demos , your right about the logo, I got so engrossed Nigel I never even looked at it. When I went to look at it in Manchester, I couldn’t play it because there was a chap playing a T4 on full power for about 1 hour and had to go, but what it did notice was the hellish quality of the touch screen, this is the best I have seen, it’s as good as the Ipad if not better and the graphics well see if you can go touch and see it yourself. Korg do go one up on ergonomics and aluminium knobs cutting out plastic, the Pa3x is the same top quality.

Tony

#338024 - 01/29/12 09:47 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: kbrkr]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, I often wish I still had an Audya, and I may again!. The 76 note version didn't suit me very well. I didn't like the location of the wheels, and I prefer joystick.
I didn't have any problems at all with it, but I don't do the extensive, or intensive, work with external sounds and samples that seem to cause others problems.
Also, I was able to recoup most of my investment after using it from close to two years.
I generally don't keep anything more than a year or two.
The Audya was the best arranger I've ever owned. The BK7m was by far the best arranger for the dollars invested.
I'm still evaluating the PA3X. There's a lot to like about it, with the combination of size, weight, ease of use, features and sound.
DonM

#338032 - 01/29/12 11:19 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Don,

Moving the Audya around is like a lump of lead and not gold and number of people say they like stick rather than a wheel, I don't know. You were very lucky not to have any problems with your Audya, there are very few of you, a lot of people have had something go wrong. The Company needs to gets its act together or it won't survive, there is a lot of competition out there and if you are the top of the pile with regard to cost you need to offer more than just live drums, the high cost should not reflect retrospectively the number of products you sell, the real cash value of an Audya needs to come down more in line with the competition, not what Ketron think they can con out of the customer, that’s is presently what is happening. Don't get me wrong when real proofs start to play the Audya it sounds fantastic look at Jack Cannon, but so does the T5 and the Pa3x, they all sound good in the right hands. I can get some hellish sounds out of the T5 but I have to work hard to make the Audya sound good and the styles on the T5 are far, far better, there are more around also. What Ketron will do is stand still, they don't have a business plan that includes the customer, their motto must read “ the customer is always wrong ", they will get left behind, this is a big boys business and they need to up their game. People on SZ appear to changing KB like they are all going out of fashion, it’s rather interesting, I don’t know what going on, they will either find their own level or run out of KBS to buy. I think the T5 and the Kronos will see me out, I can’t think of a better set up, I have seen one or two demos with people who do have this setup, if you want to program lead voices to some tune the Kronus is the beast, it will be like playing the Mighty Wurlitzer, you won’t get the same sound twice in one day.
Good luck Don with whatever you get.

Kind Regards
Tony

#338033 - 01/29/12 11:28 PM Re: Performances with Korg Kronos [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Tony, have you got to investigate the Kronos yet? From what I have heard of it and in the short time I have had to try it myself it really seems like a winner. I tend to agree that the Tyros 4 and a Kronos would be a killer combination.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online