SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3374 - 07/26/02 08:13 PM Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
Just curious about all logic users on the board..

Where do you think you'll go now?

1. To the MAC ( if your not there now )
2. Alternate software ( which package? )

#3375 - 07/27/02 01:10 AM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Steinburg is offering Logic customers a special discount to change to Cubase. Check Steinburg Web Site

Graham

#3376 - 07/29/02 08:08 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I'm a MAC man but I'm already using Cubase . I like Cubase , I haven't had that much experience with Logic Audio .

#3377 - 07/31/02 01:54 AM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
bitdump3 Offline

Loc: Fano, Italy
I think it is a shame they drop PC support.

Still over all it doesn't amount to that much aside from some folks changing sequencer. In an honest days work you seldom have the time to getting way too deep into any of the sequencers feature and plugins do level that playing field even more as you do not have to rely on the hosts apps feature set as much as in the past. When programming at home, if I ever bother to buy a new PC machine, I'll miss some of logics enviorment options, but for the basics I really don't care which sequencer I work with. When on the clock there is seldom any reason to be going there unless absolutly nessary.

If your doing lots of crossplatform work it probally better to stick with Cubase at this point though.

Woop de doo.

#3378 - 07/31/02 06:08 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
After many faithful years using my ol' Amiga, I finally went the PC route foolishly thinking that I would have a more productive setup.

After much headscratching, I decided to get Logic Audio (silver), and SoundDiver to edit my MIDI modules.
As you can imagine, I'm some what pissed at what Apple have done.
I used to be a fan of Apple, but my view has changed.

I'm undecided to what to do in the future, I can't afford to switch platforms. However, it's not as if my software will stop working.

I feel sorry for those Windows users who 'invested' in Logic Control, a very expensive piece of hardware for Logic.
emagic must know how many Windows owners must feel, Mackie who they worked with on designing and building Logic Control, have relesed Mackie Control, an expensive piece of hardware for controlling certain software programs (not Logic for same reason?).

The biggest kick in the teeth for me is the fact that I "did the right thing" and went out and purchased my music software, and the 'future' support I would get for doing so. Pirates must be pissing themselfs with laughter!

Not a happy bunny...

#3379 - 07/31/02 10:11 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
800dv Offline

Wow ! Amiga , that brings back memories . The first computer I started on was a C-64 back in 1985 . I do a TV show in Atlanta and the station still has 2 editing suites with Amiga's running Video Toaster . I'm a Mac man , I'm glad Apple is getting aggressive , they are gonna get even more so in the future . I also agree that it's not cool to just leave all the PC guys with Logic in the wind . That's something I'd expect from Digidesign . They have always had piss poor customer service , ever since their days as Digidrums making eproms for old digital drummachines .

#3380 - 08/11/02 10:49 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
I'm pissed... I have Logic Gold, with EXS24 and ES1 (the latter which I don't use too much...) I even bought an audiowerk2 card. I'm gonna ride out my current system until it becomes completely incompatible with Reaktor (which is going to be updating by the end of the year supposedly, hopefully it'll still work well with Logic 4.8)

I think even if I switch to Cubase, I'll still use Logic 4.8, with the EXS24 sampler, it's very powerful. I also feel that the effects plug-ins that came with the program are the best I've ever worked with (and I've worked with some pretty fancy ones in my music technology courses.)

Switching to a Mac is not an option for me. I build my own PCs, and I prefer it that way. Add to that the fact that Apple has a monopoly on their hardware resulting in everything costing more... blech, no thanks.

#3381 - 08/15/02 08:03 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by 800dv:
Wow ! Amiga , that brings back memories . The first computer I started on was a C-64 back in 1985 . I do a TV show in Atlanta and the station still has 2 editing suites with Amiga's running Video Toaster .

Hey Dude,
Amiga was the best in its day. If that station needs a spare or too, I have an Amiga 2500 and an Amiga 2000 with a ton of software and library that I could be persuaded to sell. I did sell the c64 also from 1985.
BEBOP

#3382 - 08/16/02 08:20 AM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
800dv, ill have to tell my friend that works in the digidesign customer service department your thoughts... he might have a good laugh

#3383 - 08/16/02 09:54 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
800dv Offline

Mrt1212 , he might laugh at it - doesn't matter . He might deny it - doesn't matter . It's still true . I've been dealing with them since 1984 . That was when they were DIGIDRUMS . I don't own PROTOOLS , I don't think I ever would . Their customer service does suck - bottom line . You have to pay for customer service with them . All of the people that I work with that use PROTOOLS have had to pay for it . When you buy a LOGIC , or CUBASE , or CAKEWALK - they get it automatically . That's the bottom line . Protools is sooo expensive , they should treat people better .

#3384 - 08/16/02 09:57 PM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
800dv Offline

Hey BEBOP go to http://www.peopletv.org that is their site . Maybe they might just want them . Their budget is not all that big , but , you never know .

#3385 - 08/17/02 04:42 AM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
tekminus Offline

This is bad for both PC and Mac users in the end. The race between Logic and Cubase has pushed both companies and kept them developing new ideas and so on. Competition is always good for the consumers.

-tek

#3386 - 08/17/02 11:16 AM Re: Logic Crossover - Apple takeover
800dv Offline

I agree Tek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online