SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#337517 - 01/26/12 10:52 AM Re: Finally an alternative to the Rock n Roller kart [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My gear is so small and light-weight now that I seldom use the R&R cart, unless I have a long ways to move the stuff.
I can unload all my stuff by hand in two trips. By the time I unfold the cart, load everything on it, take it in, I don't save any time, and I need the exercise anyway.
Last time I used it was December and I was on the 14th floor of the Petroleum Club and had to go up in the elevator, so I used the cart.
At my primary job, there's always a worker wanting to carry the stuff in. I usually take the keyboard myself and let them do the rest. A $5.00 tip takes of that, plus they will bring me coffee, tea, water, etc. all night too.
DonM

#337520 - 01/26/12 10:56 AM Re: Finally an alternative to the Rock n Roller kart [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can still vividly recall the old days when I wheeled speakers in on a refrigerator dolly that weighed more than my keyboard. Back then, setup time was nearly 45 minutes, and it would have been difficult to shave any time off that.

As for pinching fingers in the Rock & Roller cart--it has never been a problem for me, but maybe it has something to do with the way I open and close the cart.

My daughter, who lost the use of her left arm from a motorcycle accident several years ago, is currently loading, unloading and setting up my gear for me. I had cataract surgery on my left eye two weeks ago, and my right eye was done yesterday. The surgery precludes me lifting or bending down for about three weeks. She's a great vocalist, has excellent timing, and can handle the gear with one hand without any difficulty.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online