SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#337296 - 01/24/12 02:12 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Al...I guess I'm a holdout to the do-it-all with one keyboard crowd.

I like to take the minimum if possible, and with the Tyros4, that isn't any kind of a penalty.

I'll check out the site...thanks again.

Ian

#337297 - 01/24/12 02:14 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Myself and Nedim both have the Kronos. I use the Kronos on Stage for weddings.

It is a breathtaking instrument, and I can do rudimentary arranging playing using both the Drums, Combinations, with/without Karma. Karma gives the Kronos lots of randomness you won't find in an arranger.

Go over to Korg or Karma-Labs and check it out.

It complements the Tyros 4 perfectly.

Thanx for the info AL...I'll check that out asap.
I'd love to hear a few Kronos Karma/T4 mixed demos..
What is the learning curve on the Kronos like?

#337299 - 01/24/12 02:33 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: kbrkr]
ianmcnll Offline

It is a breathtaking instrument, and I can do rudimentary arranging playing using both the Drums, Combinations, with/without Karma. Karma gives the Kronos lots of randomness you won't find in an arranger.

We used an original Korg Karma keyboard on a few tracks in the studio (making an advertisement), not that many years ago, and it was a pretty cool instrument.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/karma.php

I can see the possibilties, but I'm not sure I'd use it out playing.

The Wavestation was another cool Korg synth my buddy had in his studio (since sold the instrument)...have you ever tried one, Al?

Ian

PS...Donny should be using a Kronos with his microArranger...that would be a nice combination...and still nice and compact.

#337300 - 01/24/12 03:12 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Al...Kronos is made in Japan?

Ian

#337318 - 01/24/12 06:16 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Thanx for the info AL...I'll check that out asap.
I'd love to hear a few Kronos Karma/T4 mixed demos..
What is the learning curve on the Kronos like?

The Kronos is a pretty deep instrument. You probably know that Korg builds a lot of customization and configuration/programming into most of their keyboards. This one is really challenging me; I'm not 20 yo Whiz kid anymore, so it's a challenge. Most of the simple stuff is easy, but once you get into programming Karma and complex techniques.

Programming a simple song is pretty straight foward. It took me 3 months to move my custom combinations from the Yamaha Motif to the Kronos for songs like Tik Tok (Ke$ha), Just Dance (Lady Gaga), etc.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#337320 - 01/24/12 06:21 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: ianmcnll]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

I think so, Ian. I don't believe it was impacted by the Tsunami and their have been build issues with the unit, but sonically it's a monster.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#337321 - 01/24/12 06:24 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

What I like about KORG is they always are updating their units like Kronos, Karma, etc,....and have many instructional videos also, & worldwide, support via forums, BBS, Websites, etc, etc. .. ....

#337323 - 01/24/12 06:40 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: kbrkr]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

I think so, Ian. I don't believe it was impacted by the Tsunami and their have been build issues with the unit, but sonically it's a monster.

Yes, I believe it is, Al, if what I've read about it so far is correct...unlike their Italian built arrangers.

Your kit is in fine fettle now, with two Japanese built instruments, as the Tyros4 is also made in Japan.

Can't beat Japanese quality.

The Karma engine is awesome for intricate, and evolving backgrounds, that unlike styles, never seem to repeat too much.

The rest of the sounds and features are definitely top notch; Tony Hughes and I were talking about the Kronos the other day on Skype.

I probably would never gig with it, but I'd have one in a heartbeat if the budget would allow it...certainly one beautifully designed and incredible sounding instrument.

Ian

#337346 - 01/24/12 09:00 PM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Donny, I agree with you. This is an absolutely amazing instrument. I have been fascinated by the whole concept since I first heard of it several months ago. I'd love to get my hands on one. My concerns are these. It would have to be a creative, fantasy instrument for me. I could use it out once in awhile for the right wedding. For my playing needs for that kind of instrument, I would need at least the 76 note model or the 88 key version. The 61 would not be enough for that kind of playing and those upper two units are expensive. I can't imagine using it on a job unless I was 20 years younger. And I already have my fantasy keyboard, my Yamaha C3 6 foot grand piano. This satisfies a lot of creative outlets. I already have one piano CD out and I recorded a new one in Seattle in the fall which I will be releasing in the spring. However, I must say, in a perfect world, I'd have an 88 key version of the Kronos in my studio. Who knows what might happen?

Joe

Yamaha Tyros 1, S 900, Roland RD 700, Yamaha C3

#337369 - 01/25/12 04:31 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Songman55]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Songman55
Donny, I agree with you. This is an absolutely amazing instrument. I have been fascinated by the whole concept since I first heard of it several months ago. I'd love to get my hands on one. My concerns are these. It would have to be a creative, fantasy instrument for me. I could use it out once in awhile for the right wedding. For my playing needs for that kind of instrument, I would need at least the 76 note model or the 88 key version. The 61 would not be enough for that kind of playing and those upper two units are expensive. I can't imagine using it on a job unless I was 20 years younger. And I already have my fantasy keyboard, my Yamaha C3 6 foot grand piano. This satisfies a lot of creative outlets. I already have one piano CD out and I recorded a new one in Seattle in the fall which I will be releasing in the spring. However, I must say, in a perfect world, I'd have an 88 key version of the Kronos in my studio. Who knows what might happen?

Joe

Yamaha Tyros 1, S 900, Roland RD 700, Yamaha C3

Joe good luck with your newest CD release.....I agree with you also....you could surly create some fantastic backing tracks also for your vocals .....and use something else to play over & sing on gigs... you will certainly have excellent sounds using the KRONOS as a foundation. With your chops Joe I know you cold definitely make musical magic.. keys

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online