SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#337247 - 01/24/12 07:53 AM Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS
Dnj Offline

Its really nice to have all these great KORG instructional demo videos to show you how to do so many things with the Kronos...
Creating really good songs seems very straight forward.

Edited by Dnj (01/24/12 07:55 AM)

#337251 - 01/24/12 08:24 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Nice rig, but you can't beat a PA3X or Tyros4 for just sitting down and having a nice play, with no fuss nor muss.

Of course, that's why we buy arrangers.

Ian

#337253 - 01/24/12 08:27 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Nice rig, but you can't beat a PA3X or Tyros4 for just sitting down and having a nice play, with no fuss nor muss.

Ian

T4,Pa3x, KMA arrangers don't come close to the creative depth of what you can do with the KRONOS Workstation vs playing an automated style based unit. I miss my old Korg M1 synth I used to sequence all my songs to perform on stage & play on top of.....its nice to be able to really make the song your own Track By Track..using custom bass lines, drum beats, etc, etc,..heres an old pic with my KORG M1 from the early 80's I was a KORG man for a long time...

Attachments
download.jpg

Edited by Dnj (01/24/12 08:51 AM)

#337254 - 01/24/12 08:37 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Most of us who just love to play, don't require that much creative depth in the instrument.

We rely on creative playing.

Practice every day...you'll never regret it.

Ian

PS...Personally I find "workstations" too much "work"...I guess that's how they got their name...they are boring to me.

Tyros4 (and others) are "Playstations"(too bad Sony copped that word)...no boredom involved.

#337256 - 01/24/12 08:50 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Creating & Playing music is NEVER boring to me, repetitious styles bore me to death a real band would never play the same thing over & over again, its always nice to get the creative juices flowing and play off each other which can be done when you sequence yourself ... at least some of Korg styles have a nice 16 bar loop making playing interesting especially the bass lines...

#337257 - 01/24/12 08:52 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

And...seriously Donny, would you buy one of these workstation instruments, and, if so, what would you use it for?

All you could do is have it play back SMF and you could either sing along (or play along) with it (it won't play styles).

You can do that now with the Yamaha S910 and/or the teeny weeny microArranger.

Unless, you are into song writing and composition...and even then, an arranger (hence the name) would be far faster, easier and perhaps even fun.

You do remember playing for fun, don't you? wink

Ian

PS..of course we all realize we aren't playing with a real band, but a real band won't rehearse when you want to, nor will they always agree on the type of music...and that's not even touching on the drinking, drugging and bad attitudes.

#337258 - 01/24/12 08:59 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

And, don't forget...the S910 and the microArranger have built in sequencers....just like a workstation!

Ian

#337259 - 01/24/12 09:01 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Ian there ARE other ways to make music besides with an arranger...
the two camps will never get along Synth VS Arranger that is a fact anyone can see just by going to any music store and looking around or talking to PRO players, seeing that manufacturers are making THREE key models 61, 76, 88....arranger KB?..what's that? lol... great music can be created on both types.....having both in your arsenal is a good idea also to cover all bases. Today's music is not arranger based for the most part at all, but there is room for both out in the gigging world. Workstations are here to stay for sure.....embrace it all I say.

l8tr.... gotta early gig today..

#337263 - 01/24/12 09:33 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

God Donny you look like Don King when you were younger!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#337264 - 01/24/12 09:34 AM Re: Easy Song Creation Demo on KORG KRONOS [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

T4,Pa3x, KMA arrangers don't come close to the creative depth of what you can do with the KRONOS Workstation vs playing an automated style based unit. I miss my old Korg M1 synth I used to sequence all my songs to perform on stage & play on top of.....its nice to be able to really make the song your own Track By Track..using custom bass lines, drum beats, etc, etc,..heres an old pic with my KORG M1 from the early 80's I was a KORG man for a long time...

God Donny you look like Don King when you were younger!!!

Tony....hahahah Bad hair day for sure!!..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online