SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#337268 - 01/24/12 10:15 AM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: musicforyourday]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The MM8 is 32 notes. The MO8 is 64 note. If you're not going to be sequencing, the lower poly may not be an issue.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#337270 - 01/24/12 10:30 AM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: squeak_D]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nord's are GREAT....C-2 is an improvement over the C-1 (real Leslie connector jack). Pianos are superb, and the build quality is really road worthy.

Not an arranger, but great for what I want.

R.

#337280 - 01/24/12 12:18 PM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Nord's are GREAT....C-2 is an improvement over the C-1 (real Leslie connector jack). Pianos are superb, and the build quality is really road worthy.

Not an arranger, but great for what I want.

R.

I agree Russ....you see so many NORD units on professional stage venues & there is a reason for that pros love what they are hearing Big Time. I really like that new Electro 3..

Edited by Dnj (01/24/12 12:18 PM)

#337314 - 01/24/12 05:24 PM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Nord units are something to consider here also as I look around the Mot xf is now looking and sounding pretty good as well I want a unit that I can use with my Tyros and be a added ellement to my show and I play worship music as well and use it in that enviroment I am looking at mot xf7 as a option does anybody have one of those to give me a review I have seen you tube stuff somebody who has one and playes arrangers as well ??

#337380 - 01/25/12 08:00 AM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: musicforyourday]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
I have the Tyros 3 and Motif XF6. They work extremely well together. The combination of the T3 acoustic voices (Sax, Trumpet,Strings, Flute,etc) really match well with the Motif drums, bass, Pads, Synths. Plus the nearly 8,000 intelligent arpeggios are a joy to work with and allow you to create an infinite number of combinations. Plus the Piano is much better on Motif. Here's a few samples of my recordings using both:

http://www.box.com/s/tbl7myn6mmv05cnk5xfm

http://www.box.com/s/gc4p2frx9vt0f4o5ge8l

http://www.box.com/s/6l7ku8i7pczij4tq1bjp

One important fact. I do not multi-track. These were all recorded live to audio. So this combination of keyboards works great for live play.

Edited by Joesax (01/25/12 08:16 AM)
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#337391 - 01/25/12 10:05 AM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: Joesax]
musicforyourday Offline

Great work buddy , I like the piano sound is that the xf that is what I am looking for also have you been able to midi up together asign the xf to play drum sounds ether from a style or a midi file and maybe bass as well or did you use the loops from the xf to do these songs , my vision is to take the good from the tyros 4 and the good from the xf midi asign to play the parts of choise to give it a full more live sound also asign outputs from the xf and tyros and give drum and bass ect it own channel and seporate mix thus giving the sound a real live feel , at the Namm show I got into this topic with the yamaha guys and they feel this will give the sound a much fuller and life like sound , I welcome your thoughts !!!

#337409 - 01/25/12 12:15 PM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: musicforyourday]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
I just connect MIDI out on the Motif to MIDI in on the T3. That's it. Turn on both keyboards. On the Motif you can turn off all the parts of a Performance and just play T3 directly from the Motif. You select Styles, Variations, Intros, Endings on the T3 as well as the Left, R1,2,3 Voices.

Here's what I do:

I create a 4 part performance on the Motif. It usually has Drums, Bass, Pad and Piano. The Drums, Bass and Pad have 5 different arpeggios assigned to each so I have 5 different variations. The Piano is used as a Lead so no Arp.

The T3 has Live Strings on the Left Voice, Live Strings on the Right 1 Voice, Guitar or Trumpet on Right 2 and Breathy Sax on Right 3.

I then start the Performance and when I want to change leads I turn off Part 4 on the motif and turn on one of the Right Voices on the T3.

I could also do the reverse and use a Style on the T3 and mix leads from the T3 and Motif.

Or I could use a Style from the T3 but with the Drum and Bass channels off and use the Drums and Bass from the Motif.

I have a two tier stand setup so it's easy for me to select from either board. Hope that helps.

Yes, that's the Full Concert Grand on the Motif.

Joe

Edited by Joesax (01/25/12 12:16 PM)
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#337418 - 01/25/12 01:05 PM Re: Yamaha MOX8 [Re: Joesax]
musicforyourday Offline

Sounds Good , that Piano very realistic both Yamaha board will work well together very well thanks now I need to fiq out where to get Motief xf7 .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online