SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#336610 - 01/19/12 05:13 AM Korg sytles ending too abruptly
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I have played DonM's PA3X a couple of times now. On many styles, when I invoke an Ending, the ending will stop too suddenly. There is no decay to the sound. I am not talking about the total time length of the ending being too simple/short, I am talking about when it hits the last note, whatever that is, the note does not decay, it just stops. Sounds VERY unnatural, instruments don't stop like that. This is a deal killer for me if that is the way it is. I can't imagine this being correct. Is there a setting to fix that? Is the Micro also like this?

#336613 - 01/19/12 05:45 AM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
That is indeed strange. My PA2X has non of that, just a natural decay or reverb after the one of the 3 endings stops. The effects and reverb for the lead parts and the arranger parts are separate though. Could it be that the reverb for the arranger parts was (accidentally) set to 0 on the Singe Touch Settings (STS) on some of the styles you played? The factory STS's can be overwritten by you own preferences, so this could be the case.

My advice: select a factory performance setting and check again. Even better: restore the factory settings, or "musical resources" as Korg calls them. Be careful because this action overwrites the user performances. So Don has to backup the user performances or STS's he wants to keep.

#336629 - 01/19/12 07:04 AM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

When i had my Pa800 if you had pads running during a style & you hit an ending.....even after the ending stopped the PAD would keep playing for a few beats which was very annoying....you had to shut the pad off before the ending was pushed Grrrrrrrr!

I hope KORG fixed that now. the ending should cancel the pad when executed.

#336644 - 01/19/12 08:56 AM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: Dnj]
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Originally Posted By: Dnj
When i had my Pa800 if you had pads running during a style & you hit an ending.....even after the ending stopped the PAD would keep playing for a few beats which was very annoying....you had to shut the pad off before the ending was pushed Grrrrrrrr!

I hope KORG fixed that now. the ending should cancel the pad when executed.

Apparently they did, because the pads stop playing after the endings on my PA2X.

#336648 - 01/19/12 09:06 AM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill, I posted earlier on Korg forum. Maybe they will have an answer. It's not just the effects level, it's in the writing of the ending. The endings can easily be overwritten and/or edited, but I haven't tried it yet.
It's only on a small portion of the styles that this occurs, but they happen to be some styles I use a lot.
Don

#336691 - 01/19/12 02:57 PM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
are you just reffering to ending 3? or can it happen in any of the endings.

Can you give one specific example?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336693 - 01/19/12 02:59 PM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

I will set up the kb tonight and give you some examples.
Don

#336712 - 01/19/12 04:42 PM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don,
have they just cut the last note off too quickly,
ie instead of running it thru to the next bar they've just chopped it off short to fit it into the same bar??

You shouldn't have to edit, but they do , do some strange things at times.

Ending 3 sometimes gave me problems on my PA800 conversions if I hit it at the wrong time. I beleive it triggers differently to the other 2 endings. I changed the type of endings I used.

Originally Posted By: DonM
Bill, I posted earlier on Korg forum. Maybe they will have an answer. It's not just the effects level, it's in the writing of the ending. The endings can easily be overwritten and/or edited, but I haven't tried it yet.
It's only on a small portion of the styles that this occurs, but they happen to be some styles I use a lot.
Don

Edited by rikkisbears (01/19/12 04:43 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336784 - 01/20/12 09:15 AM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Here's one example:
Play style Rock Boogie. Hit ending number two. See how the sound naturally decays, or fades away after the ending?
Now play ending three. It cuts off like you pulled the power plug on the entire band.
There are others similar. Listen ending three on Standard 8 Beat. It decays nicely, but then at the end you can even hear it click when the ending stops. Again, like someone pulled the AC cord.
It's not always ending three, but seems to occur more often with it.
Don

#336786 - 01/20/12 09:38 AM Re: Korg sytles ending too abruptly [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, I just checked those styles on the MicroArranger..It doesn't have any problems on ending 3.......It only has ending 1 and 2 smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online