SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#336901 - 01/21/12 08:39 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Jose Pereira]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Thanks Don
Still remains if BK-7m sounds are better than previus synths...

Jo, the sounds that I use are. Pianos are excellent, guitars and saxes are great. Organs are really good, but seem to lack the facility to change leslie speed via joystick. Maybe there is a way to set that up though. Scats, oohs, aahs, etc. are very believable.
I will dig out some recordings that might help later this weekend.
DonM

#336911 - 01/21/12 10:49 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don,

While you're in a digging mood, c'mon up here and we have some white stuff on the ground you can dig. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#336912 - 01/21/12 10:53 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Don,

While you're in a digging mood, c'mon up here and we have some white stuff on the ground you can dig. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

Here down the shore we got a nice dusting overnight almost gone now!!

#336921 - 01/21/12 11:21 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Jose Pereira]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I do not feel bk-5 sounds better then G70 the sound seems very thin to me it is worth 999.00 but not in the same sound league as G70 I have a casio px3 if you are intrested the Yam MO8 good unit and very light as a portable stage piano/synth 32lbs good sound and 88 keys

#336937 - 01/21/12 12:43 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Don,

Cheers,

Gary cool

It was 80 here yesterday but a cold front came through and it's down near 60 today.
DonM

#336938 - 01/21/12 12:44 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Don,

Cheers,

Gary cool

It was 80 here yesterday but a cold front came through and it's down near 60 today.
DonM

"Every day I'm Shovelin".... dance

#336945 - 01/21/12 01:08 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: kbrkr]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just walked outside to get the mail--the thermometer on the deck read 27-F, the driveway has about an inch of ice on it, and I had to wear golf shoes with metal spikes to get to the mailbox at the top of the driveway. If I can keep myself from falling apart, this time next year I'll be playing at a tiki bar in the Florida Keys.

Damned it's cold here,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#336946 - 01/21/12 01:09 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: musicforyourday]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I do not feel bk-5 sounds better then G70 the sound seems very thin to me it is worth 999.00 but not in the same sound league as G70

I think that's why I like the BK-7M/BK-5 sound better than the G-70...it doesn't sound "thinner" to my ears, but sort of like a more detailed and separated sound, especially in the styles.

The G-70 has a heavier, thicker sound that some find very appealing, whilst others think it's a bit too thick. I happen to like it as well.

If the BK-5 had a sequencer, I'm sure it would sell better, but, it probably will do well, considering it's relatively low price.

Ian

#336949 - 01/21/12 01:14 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Just walked outside to get the mail--the thermometer on the deck read 27-F, the driveway has about an inch of ice on it, and I had to wear golf shoes with metal spikes to get to the mailbox at the top of the driveway. If I can keep myself from falling apart, this time next year I'll be playing at a tiki bar in the Florida Keys.

Damned it's cold here,

Gary cool

23°F here, and feels like 16°F with the wind chill. Lots of snow last night...I'm not a fan of shoveling.

As my dad used to say, "Colder than a mother-in-law's kiss"

Ian

#336950 - 01/21/12 01:14 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I do not feel bk-5 sounds better then G70 the sound seems very thin to me it is worth 999.00 but not in the same sound league as G70

I think that's why I like the BK-7M/BK-5 sound better than the G-70...it doesn't sound "thinner" to my ears, but sort of like a more detailed and separated sound, especially in the styles.

The G-70 has a heavier, thicker sound that some find very appealing, whilst others think it's a bit too thick. I happen to like it as well.

If the BK-5 had a sequencer, I'm sure it would sell better, but, it probably will do well, considering it's relatively low price.

Ian

You can easily edit any sound and tailor it to your liking on the G70 with ease...makeup tools are phenomenal, especially if you want to edit each individual piece of drum kit which to my knowledge your CANNOT do on any Yamaha arranger including the T4 mad ....IMO the G70 it has the best editing tools & sequencer of any arranger on the market new or old that I have ever used. clap

Edited by Dnj (01/21/12 01:16 PM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online