SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#336867 - 01/20/12 10:38 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Scottyee]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Cool ! Thanks.

Auron Music

#336870 - 01/20/12 11:20 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Jez]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Just so you all know I was there today to see the Bk5 and saw that demo live much better live then in that video , i thought it was empressive for the price it has a new piano 2 section the tracks your playing just like you would be playing a piano and arranger funchions and tracks right along even complex chords this is very good , sounds pretty good it sounded a little thin opn some patches I spent about a hour with the keyboard the keys are not full sized but much larger then mini over all it was pretty cool not I have to have one kool but I could see using it I felt as a playable keyboard much better then mini , the screen display small no touch screen at all , I was still stinging from the 35.00 parking fee I had to pay crazy I have never seen so many people at a Namm before , I think Roland has a good un it for the Price my ears say the sounds on the mini and the Bk5 seem to be thined out a bit not the thickness I am used to hearing seem to be a trend , not new sounds in the Bk5 that arnt in the bk7 mod it does track a padel board very well pk-6 unit for the price I feel much better then the mini it feel more like a keyboard and not a toy read up on piano 2 func it is pretty cool.

#336872 - 01/20/12 11:34 PM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: kbrkr]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can post some songs I did on BK7m if that will help anyone.
DonM

#336873 - 01/21/12 12:20 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: DonM]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Don, That will be great !! smile
Thanks in Advance.

Auron Music

#336883 - 01/21/12 07:31 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Hi Jez, thanks for that Bk-5 song link.
While on the Sound Cloud link you gave,
I found another tune, recorded on the BK7M by the same artist.
Equally Impressive vocal & keyboard performance and Roland sound of the
Classic Jim Morrison and the Doors tune: cool
Riders On The Storm

btw: I'm a big fan of Sound Cloud for disovering new artists and sharing music.
I have it installed both on my desktop as well as here on my iPad. smile

Nice .... I loved the doors since I was a kid......when I was a kid with my rock band our opening song was "Hello I Love You"
great stuff......whoever did this did a very good job. rocker

#336889 - 01/21/12 07:59 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: DonM]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I can post some songs I did on BK7m if that will help anyone.
DonM

Don
After reading that the BK5 doesn't have full size keys I'm back to the idea of the Casio PX3 and BK7m duo. Love to hear some of your stuff. Please post or send to me direct. No music stores carry this stuff so you have to shoot in the dark when buying.
Appreciate you sharing
Thanks

#336890 - 01/21/12 08:01 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: kbrkr]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hello People
Just Curious, a few questions:
1. Does the BK-7m sounds better (sounds and styles) than the GW-8 and Prelude?
2. As far as I know, in BK-7m you canīt create/edit styles, or Am I wrong?
3. Can BK-7m read G-70 Styles?
4. Do anybody knows which is max measure length in styles (BK-5, GW-8 or G-70)?

Thanks for the information!!
Best Regards
Jo

#336896 - 01/21/12 08:21 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: musicforyourday]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday

I spent about a hour with the keyboard the keys are not full sized but much larger then mini

Are the keys the same size as on the Roland Prelude and GW-8?

Ian

#336898 - 01/21/12 08:27 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: Jose Pereira]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Hello People
Just Curious, a few questions:
1. Does the BK-7m sounds better (sounds and styles) than the GW-8 and Prelude?
2. As far as I know, in BK-7m you canīt create/edit styles, or Am I wrong?
3. Can BK-7m read G-70 Styles?
4. Do anybody knows which is max measure length in styles (BK-5, GW-8 or G-70)?

Thanks for the information!!
Best Regards
Jo

1. Haven't played a Prelude or GW 8.
2. You can only changes sounds, volumes etc. However there is a built-in easy process to completely change the genre of a style, on the fly if wanted. In other words, say you have a Big Band style called up. You can change it totally, or selected parts, to a Pop, Rock, Vocal, Rap, etc. instantly by using the Cover function.
3. BK can read all Roland styles, including G70.
4. Don't remember, but styles can be really long. I think I remember seeing 32 measures. BTW, number of style measures are displayed as the Style plays, and number of remaining measures are displayed as intros and endings play.
DonM

#336900 - 01/21/12 08:30 AM Re: Roland Announces new Bk-5 Backing Keyboard [Re: kbrkr]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Thanks Don
Still remains if BK-7m sounds are better than previus synths...

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online