SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33658 - 06/15/08 11:15 AM SD5-conservative wife
Robbe52 Offline

Loc: Germany
Got me an SD5, installed the vocalizer and a 2GB SSD (no problem, 17,59€!) - but I may have to sell it ageain. I am the guitarplayer and my wife is operating the keyboard. So she tells me that it sounds good, but she is not willing (so far) to accommodate to a new apparatus. She does well with the MS100 - no mistakes. I know that I have to tweak my Midis, I don't use fabricmade styles, always do them "my way", but I think it would be a step forward.
I hope she'll let herself convince by the use of the vocalizer...

#33659 - 06/15/08 03:42 PM Re: SD5-conservative wife
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
"Change"

My wife resiss change also. Even down to what she orders at restaurants. If she had an enjoyable meal at one time, it is very difficult to get her to try something different than that. And when I do, she invariably has "that look" on her face when she finds out she will have to take a chance on "change".

Of course, if the new dish turns out to be something she likes, then IT becomes the order she wants every time. (grin)

As for myself, when I get a new piece of gear, be it a new trumpet, a new guitar or a new keyboard, I intentionally pack away "old faithful" and force myself to use the new instrument. Well, maybe not on the next gig, but for everything else.

"Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold," is the old adage, but the advice in there works two ways. The old friend was once a new stranger.

Now, how to explain that to the wife short of the subterfuge of going inside the old keyboard and temporarily disabling it (it must be broken, dear, guess we are lucky theres the new one... ).

G'luck.

--Mac

[This message has been edited by --Mac (edited 06-15-2008).]
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online