rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Don
That was well said !!!!

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#336234 - 01/15/12 10:42 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jose Pereira
Hi Dnj
PS here´s me playing with a salsa style I programed in tyros2 and did a backing track with it. The piano sound is tyros2 too Autumn Leaves in Salsa style

Jo love your Salsa Piano version of Autumn Leaves......great playing technic also......would have loved to hear a sax or trumpet solo somewhere in there also....too bad you can't find exactly what you want with what is out there today. Have you every thought about using a workstation to create your backing tracks to play piano against? ..yamahas Peter Barrtmans does it sometimes also
"Mas Que Nada - Sérgio Mendes" .. a little more work involved BUT, you can get the creative juices flowing so much better to what you really need in a songthis method alleviates the repetitiousness of using styles.

#336241 - 01/15/12 03:10 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Dnj
I have backing tracks for my piano playing (use an Ipad for it) but do very little piano solo these days. Right now I´m working with a singer that no follow rules, and I enjoy that!! the spontaneity of real time playing is important to us and doing latin music, specially for dance, is all about: We interact a lot with people so an arranger is a must.

I´m aware of the possibilities in PA3X but seems that I need to work a LOT before playing live with it.

Once again, Thanks a lot for the comments and the help, guys!!!
Best Regards
Jo

#336242 - 01/15/12 03:38 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jose, there are some great Latin midi files out there; you have to do some searching. You can take tracks from the song and turn them into tracks for the style you create.

You can also take part of a drum track and copy the claves or congas and create pads. Adding pads to the styles you have can take them up a notch. There are times when I turn the accompaniments off leaving only the bass and the drums and then I add the pads which in many cases gives you a good sounding Latin sounds/rhythm.

Hope this helps, John C.

#336245 - 01/15/12 04:09 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Hi John
Sounds interesting.
How many bars can handle PA3X Pads?

#336252 - 01/15/12 06:55 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Jose, I LOVED your version of Autumn Leaves!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#336253 - 01/15/12 07:17 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: montunoman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: montunoman

Ditto +1 clap

Scott

#336255 - 01/15/12 07:30 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jose,
what about Audio Drum Loops for your styles?
Haven't tried it in the PA3X , but I did play around with them for my PA800.
2 options
Loop: as is,
or you can slice & create drum kit. Means to a certain degree you can even manipulate the pattern via the midi notes.

From memory you can even use in a pad.
Pads I beleive are up to 32 bars long.
I'm not near my keyboard, so I'd have to confirm.
(The Ketron SD1 Live Drums were a bit like a sliced audio loop.)

Couldn't really do a great deal in the pa800 , lack of memo\ry which couldn't be expanded.

Download the extended manual that goes into sound editing etc.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336256 - 01/15/12 07:37 PM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Scottyee]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Wow Jo,
you do play well..

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: montunoman

Ditto +1 clap

Scott

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#336278 - 01/16/12 02:12 AM Re: Please PA3X Owners!!! Latin Styles [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Thanks People!!
Glad you like it.
Rikki, I use a few audio loops recycled and sound fantastic! the problem is (in order to don´t sound repetitive) they extend for 16 bars (each for every percussion instrument) so it takes a LOT of memory (my merengue takes 280 megs only the percussion, my salsa 380megs...) In order to preserve memory, I try to use internal bass and drums but they don´t mix well at all and sounded too weird, I don´t know why. I try to do it with internal sounds but Tyros4 perc and drums still thin and hollow.
Also, I´m afraid of ram (even if it is flash). It fails at the worst time!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online