SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#335996 - 01/12/12 05:23 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
zuki Offline

That was absolutely TERRIBLE..I think you should dump the keyboard to me at 1/2 price>

Kidding aside, that board sounds fantastic, as do you. Question: how did you record, it sounds amazing though phones!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#336002 - 01/12/12 07:02 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don ... these styles are sounding better and better as I play with them. Don't be hasty - this board is a keeper for me!

#336003 - 01/12/12 07:08 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: zuki]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Sounds very good... keep tweeking and you get it there. The drums do sound nice and I agree the recording sounds very good. Having the TC to sing through and the WAVES mastering FX on the board puts it a notch above the rest!!

I always mix drums heavy to get the "live sound" when sequencing. To me, it sounds like the rest of the style voices need to be a bit louder but the drums, solo sound and your voice stay the same.

Please keep posting demos!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#336004 - 01/12/12 07:16 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: Fran Carango]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
[quote=DonM]
On "wind beneath my wings"..I thought the guitar you used was excellent...but we all know you can make the guitar sound real on anything...

And I didn't like it AT ALL! Goes to show you everything is subjective. No comparison to a real guitar, sounded like what it is, a keyboard guitar, sounded fake. Of course, I have never had an orgasm over an arranger electric guitar solo. It's just not a sound I like. Maybe someday, they will make one that sounds real. Has nothing to do with Don's playing, I have made this statement before, nothing new here. Except that I really did NOT like that particular Korg guitar. Then again, I love a real guitar!

Actually, you can discount anything I say about a keyboard guitar, this is an arranger forum and people ooh and aah over arranger guitars and I really don't like them! I'd ten times more rather hear a piano solo. But, no problemo, what do I know!

The B B King song, I liked. Overall, pretty impressed with the Korg.

#336018 - 01/12/12 11:05 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: zuki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: zuki
That was absolutely TERRIBLE..I think you should dump the keyboard to me at 1/2 price>

Kidding aside, that board sounds fantastic, as do you. Question: how did you record, it sounds amazing though phones!

Thanks,
I just plugged Tascam PR10 into the headphone jack of the keyboard and hit "record"!
DonM

#336019 - 01/12/12 11:46 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Don,

Why would you want to send it back, sounds great, you don't need the Mini, Big Boy. What does it fell like to play, it's one hell of a set of buttons,knobs and sliders. Looks like a flight deck. Nice work Don.

Tony

Ho Yes Fran,

But can you fly it, the MS has never got off the ground, can you give us a demo like DonM
would be appreciated and it would be a first on SZ. I am not holding my breath.

Tony

Now this is a flight deck!!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336028 - 01/13/12 02:47 AM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
I just listened to your "The thrill is gone"
Jesus , man you just hit a telling spot right there.
As one of your bigest fans, she would have really wanted to hear this recording of yours.
Although it was a tear jerker, it gave me some pleasure in pretending she was here. Yes, pleasure because I was the priviledged one in her life.

Your recording is a number one keeper.
We are your #1 fans.

P.S. on another subject, perhaps just a touch of reverb on the vocal would have been my request.
But , then, it's purely a personal request. cheers.

Edited by eddiefromrotherham (01/13/12 02:55 AM)
Edit Reason: a P.S.

#336040 - 01/13/12 07:23 AM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Don ... these styles are sounding better and better as I play with them. Don't be hasty - this board is a keeper for me!

+1

I agree with Dave 100 percent.

#336043 - 01/13/12 07:42 AM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: Bluezplayer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've heard Don perform live and in person on several occasions and he sounds even better than the recordings.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#336054 - 01/13/12 08:29 AM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: eddiefromrotherham]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: eddiefromrotherham
I just listened to your "The thrill is gone"
Jesus , man you just hit a telling spot right there.
As one of your bigest fans, she would have really wanted to hear this recording of yours.
Although it was a tear jerker, it gave me some pleasure in pretending she was here. Yes, pleasure because I was the priviledged one in her life.

Your recording is a number one keeper.
We are your #1 fans.

P.S. on another subject, perhaps just a touch of reverb on the vocal would have been my request.
But , then, it's purely a personal request. cheers.

Eddie, you are very kind, and I agree about the vocal being too dry.
I know you miss your wife tremendously and I'm glad she enjoyed music so much. I know she is still listening to us, my friend.
Don

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online