SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#335963 - 01/12/12 01:19 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Fran! To be fair, I'm not totally happy with the sound yet, but I think I can get there. That's why I want opinions!
Don

#335965 - 01/12/12 01:31 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Thanks Fran! To be fair, I'm not totally happy with the sound yet, but I think I can get there. That's why I want opinions!
Don

Don, don't get me wrong..I am not saying...I didn't like it...I do..I just thought the comparison of what you recorded on the G70 ..could be helpful..

On "wind beneath my wings"..I thought the guitar you used was excellent...but we all know you can make the guitar sound real on anything.. smile

How are you coming .. for a pedal steel?...Did you ever get something you liked on the E?

#335967 - 01/12/12 01:43 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I don't love the one on the E50. Great one on BK7M though.
There is a really good slow one on the PA3X, and there is a great one for faster songs in the GM bank.
Right now I'm adjusting the e.q. to liven it up. If I think I've improved it later, I'll post something else.
Don

#335973 - 01/12/12 02:29 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I enjoyed those very much Don. Thanks for posting!

Just some random thoughts:

The guitar on on "Thrill" was amazing! So where the drums and especially the fills.

Vocal harmony on "Wind" was real nice.

I didn't care much for the drums on "Wind" especailly the cross stick. The guitar sounded a bit synthetic to my ears. The overall style on "Wind" didn't do much for me... Just my 2 cents.

Edited by montunoman (01/12/12 02:30 PM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#335977 - 01/12/12 02:54 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I agree. I can find a better style for Wind, or maybe just change the drum kit.
Thanks!
Don

#335979 - 01/12/12 03:13 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Don, go and listemn to "That's alright mama" on your website.....and you won't need my opinion smile

The Korg is lifeless compared to that keyboard you used on that tune....Listen to the drums..they don't compare.....Keep it's little brother (E-50).... grin

I realize I do not have the 'ear' many of you have to compare one KB to another, but is it fair to compare two KBs using two different styles? ... I would think an A/B test under identical conditions - PA system, recording device, etc. - using styles as similar as possible would provide a better comparison -
I'm NOT saying that you have to do that Don, just saying that in my opinion that's the only way to make an accurate comparison ...

#335988 - 01/12/12 04:01 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You're right Tony - Fran just wants to "Rolandize" the topic!
smile

#335989 - 01/12/12 04:05 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Don, go and listemn to "That's alright mama" on your website.....and you won't need my opinion smile

The Korg is lifeless compared to that keyboard you used on that tune....Listen to the drums..they don't compare.....Keep it's little brother (E-50).... grin

I realize I do not have the 'ear' many of you have to compare one KB to another, but is it fair to compare two KBs using two different styles? ... I would think an A/B test under identical conditions - PA system, recording device, etc. - using styles as similar as possible would provide a better comparison -
I'm NOT saying that you have to do that Don, just saying that in my opinion that's the only way to make an accurate comparison ...

Tony, of course you are correct, that would be the ideal way to compare...I was referring to the character of the sound..I always look for a live sound....Comparing what Don already played is a good way to illustrate this...I think the crisp realistic sound of the G70 recording edged out the PA3x recordings...Just as I believe the PA3x edges out the Tyros4 in the same respect...

I have no doubt Don will get as close as possible the sound he wants...but who knows..maybe it will take another Audya.. grin

#335990 - 01/12/12 04:08 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
You're right Tony - Fran just wants to "Rolandize" the topic!
smile

Hey, I just picked from what Don had availble on his webpage smile

It is not my fault it turned out to be a Roland grin

#335992 - 01/12/12 04:46 PM Re: PA3X live recordings [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Fran, I know exactly what you mean. I do want a more live sound. I'm tweaking as we speak!
Thanks,
Don

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online