SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#335914 - 01/12/12 09:10 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: George Kaye]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
a 9 lb Yamaha micro-Arranger with S910 sounds & styles
would certainly put a smile on my face. cool

#335918 - 01/12/12 09:59 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: George Kaye]
Bachus Offline

Personally i think that Roland may really go total this time..

the Fantom-V that many are expecting to be the big thing at NAMM, which would be a blattant Mix of everyting Roland had so far,

An evolved Fantom 192 voices engine,
A complete V-synth,
Build in V-piano
the engine and sounds of the Jupiter 80,
full controll over a PC running cakewalk Sonar with VST's,
A B3 Emulator,
Total freedom when assigning knobs sliders and buttons.

Maybe they will also add the support of styles to this TOTL instrument.

Edited by Bachus (01/12/12 10:02 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#335932 - 01/12/12 11:19 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Roland has the tech to do something here , with the v piano tech and the new jupiter 80 tech it has a lot of arranger type aspects I can see how the could incorp some of the hammond /roland organ stuff combine it into a arranger bring along song player tech from G-70 blend it into a very good unit I hope this what they have in mind and not a Bk-7 with keys 76 keys incorp sonar and soft synth tech into the process as well , and with the opp to upgrade sound with cards or downloads like yamaha now we are talking something I would want.

#335933 - 01/12/12 11:21 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: musicforyourday]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I did not see your post bacus but we are on the same page here.

#335993 - 01/12/12 04:49 PM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: musicforyourday]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Roland has the tech to do something here , with the v piano tech and the new jupiter 80 tech it has a lot of arranger type aspects I can see how the could incorp some of the hammond /roland organ stuff combine it into a arranger bring along song player tech from G-70 blend it into a very good unit I hope this what they have in mind and not a Bk-7 with keys 76 keys incorp sonar and soft synth tech into the process as well , and with the opp to upgrade sound with cards or downloads like yamaha now we are talking something I would want.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes please Roland it will have to be far superior to the BK7, I had one on order, but when I got the chance to really listen to the styles I was unimpressed, and cancelled. If they are going to compete this will need to surpass the Tyros and Korg/Ketron TOTL's in my opinion. I believe they have the tech to do it, did they get the R&D money to do it, wont be long and we will find out

#336008 - 01/12/12 07:33 PM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I am very impressed with the BK7m, but it takes some "learnin" to operate it. I would buy one with keys in the blink of an eye.
It is essentially an improved E80 in a module. What I missed was things like no text, need to use external screen for midi lyrics, and no vocal processing. Bring those back and add some keys and I'm THERE!
DonM

#336013 - 01/12/12 09:58 PM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: DonM]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: DonM
I am very impressed with the BK7m, but it takes some "learnin" to operate it. I would buy one with keys in the blink of an eye.
It is essentially an improved E80 in a module. What I missed was things like no text, need to use external screen for midi lyrics, and no vocal processing. Bring those back and add some keys and I'm THERE!
DonM

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don I could only go by what Korg Yamaha and Ketron had out at that time, and whilst you like it (the BK7) that is, Roland would be looking to capture a much improved market with new features and better samples. I didn't intend to down you love of the BK, just tried to ilistrate what Roland would need to do to get back in the game

#336033 - 01/13/12 05:04 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: George Kaye]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Here is the Keyboard version of the BK7:

Roland Keyboard

#336037 - 01/13/12 06:29 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

TWD,

Are you serious.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#336041 - 01/13/12 07:37 AM Re: Roland Just Might Have Something AT NAMM! [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
You made me ROFL... smile Thats a Roland E-20 launched way back in 1988(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_E-20)
And the link references a classified posted from Pakistan and that too for 10000 Rs - that`s about 200 USD.
Crazy. A candidate for the Arranger Museum !!!

Roland, surely had some great arrangers in the past. Hope they come up with a nice one soon. Many a times, I find their marketing/sales team have either got the launch timing or the price wrong, especially for the high end ones. Don`t know why they launched E-80 within a short time from when an awesome arranger in the G-70 was making its presence felt. And then E-80 was discontinued soon. The G-70, E-80 and the Bk-7m are very good sounding arrangers.. but for heaven sake, Roland need to get people like Ralf Schink etc. to play an hour long demo of a new instrument to display the sonic capabilities of the keyboard. It will benefit everyone. Korg have gone ahead and done some demos of the Pa3X but definitely Yamaha is a winner in this category as well. They have pro players presenting pro keyboards enough to tease the buyers to check it out and buy it.

Fingers crossed. Hope they don`t stay crossed too long for a Roland TOTL wink

Auron Music

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online