SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#33522 - 05/25/08 05:54 AM Re: AUDYA
Bachus Offline

Thank you Nedim, i know about the Pa2X.

But i am expecting a lot new refreshing feautures from Ketron...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#33523 - 05/25/08 10:30 AM Re: AUDYA
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It was at Pakefield from what I can gather, but little has been said about it anywhere, so my guess is that it’s a total flop. (Unless someone knows different)

Bill

#33524 - 05/25/08 12:36 PM Re: AUDYA
abacus Offline

Looks like its on track for Summer release
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ketron_audya.htm?partner_id=73572

Bill

#33525 - 05/25/08 02:26 PM Re: AUDYA
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont believe it will be this summer, i think we should probably
see first models out even after Seprember-October.

#33526 - 05/26/08 05:49 AM Re: AUDYA
Collie Offline

Loc: Ireland
I sold Solton/Ketron in Ireland from 90.s up to 2002. They gave me a lot of small problems. Musicians means of transport etc had them coming back to me. I brought a brand new SD1 to Lanzarote with me 2002. It has given me disc problems there also and it is rarely moved and then omly by myself. I think the problem for Ketron is Stability from crashing etc. Why would they hold back over 1 year otherwise. They cant Stabalize it. Good Luck.Collie.

#33527 - 05/26/08 01:46 PM Re: AUDYA
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I don't profess to know exactly how the Audya is to work... but one thing I can tell ya... they better have a dedicated processor for audio plyback (styles etc) and it better be a HORSE with lots of memory.

That's based on my experience with software arangers and softsynth's.

Lee

#33528 - 05/27/08 08:25 AM Re: AUDYA
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I don't profess to know exactly how the Audya is to work... but one thing I can tell ya... they better have a dedicated processor for audio plyback (styles etc) and it better be a HORSE with lots of memory.

That's based on my experience with software arangers and softsynth's.

Lee

I don't think they currently have a sepperate processor for that..... Thats prolly where all the delays come from. It just takes time to create something like that.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#33529 - 05/27/08 09:57 AM Re: AUDYA
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yepper... well. Maybe a duo or quad core cpu with LOTS of memory would also be enough.

IF they skimp on this they will have ongoing problems to try to program their way out of.

I own a high end piece of HAM Radio equipment that is software defined. They mis-judged (or went cheap?) on the cpu and memory and have been trying to program their way out of it since... They have to steel cycles from one thing... then it screws up something else. so on & so on.

Lee

#33530 - 05/27/08 03:54 PM Re: AUDYA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't know of ANY programs for quad-core chips. I'm not sure I know of any for dual-core chips either, come to think of it.
Right now, money spent of quads would probably be wasted, not only on Audya, but on PCs as well.
DonM

#33531 - 05/27/08 11:33 PM Re: AUDYA
abacus Offline

Hi DonM
There are very few programs these days that don’t use Dual core CPU. (Particularly Music, Photo and Video programs)
The road map for multicore processors was laid out a couple of years ago, (8 cores should be out next year, with possibly 16 core towards the end or early 2010) and so manufactures adapted their software at the same time as they moved over to Dual core. (Dual and Quad core are also starting to be used on High end Graphics cards)
In addition single core CPU is a fast dying breed.
Regards

Bill

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online