SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#334957 - 12/30/11 11:18 AM OT hope this is OK? YAHOO
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Is Yahoo the slowest email on earth or what? EBay jumps up in a few seconds, Synthzone jumps up too, but I can take a nap it seems before yahoo is up.
Do many of you use yahoo, and have the same experience?
I have been using yahoo since 1875, but I think I would like to try something else but it must be faster. I am very annoyed with yahoo.
Please help,
Boo
PS Dave still can't carry a tune in a bucket. Ha! Ha! Love ya Dave.

#334959 - 12/30/11 12:04 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Is Yahoo the slowest email on earth or what? EBay jumps up in a few seconds, Synthzone jumps up too, but I can take a nap it seems before yahoo is up.
Do many of you use yahoo, and have the same experience?
I have been using yahoo since 1875, but I think I would like to try something else but it must be faster. I am very annoyed with yahoo.
Please help,
Boo
PS Dave still can't carry a tune in a bucket. Ha! Ha! Love ya Dave.

Boo..I didn't know you were that old!!!!!....1875?

#334961 - 12/30/11 12:42 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: Fran Carango]
brickboo Offline

Fran,
Sometimes I feel like I've fought in the Civil War. And you know what, I've got wounds to help prove it!!!!!
Man, Dave can sing. Eh?

#334973 - 12/30/11 06:00 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: Fran Carango]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hey Boo:

Happy New Year... if it ever gets here. Hope you are still playing that funny looking bent up wind instrument... and I hope you are talking about Uncle Dave's "not being able to carry a tune"... LOL! I carry lots of tunes and they are all becoming very heavy.

Please keep that cold stuff up there in the Rockies, will ya?

All the best,

Dave Rice

#334974 - 12/30/11 07:31 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, I use Yahoo every day. No problems at all. It's just that old age setting in on you.
DonM

#334979 - 12/30/11 09:27 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: DonM]
brickboo Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Boo, I use Yahoo every day. No problems at all. It's just that old age setting in on you.
DonM

Don when Windows Internet Explorer is all settled down, click on yahoo and time it until you get to your list of mail please, and I'll do the same thing.
While you're counting tell Susan hello for Penny and me,eh?

#334982 - 12/30/11 09:57 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

My Yahoo mail pulls up instantly, maybe one second. Not time to wake up Susan and tell her anything, as if she'd listen!
I can't believe Penny hasn't left you yet. I have to keep Susan around because the grass needs mowing at least one more time.
When you coming to see us again?
DonM

#334983 - 12/30/11 09:58 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
DonM Offline

BTW Boo, maybe the fact that you are still using a Commodore computer has something to do with the speed . . .

#334990 - 12/31/11 01:12 AM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: DonM]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
BTW Boo, maybe the fact that you are still using a Commodore computer has something to do with the speed . . .
....or perhaps you din't upgrade the mailing system by Yahoo! earlier this year?

#335009 - 12/31/11 08:27 AM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: eddiefromrotherham]
brickboo Offline

Originally Posted By: eddiefromrotherham
....or perhaps you din't upgrade the mailing system by Yahoo! earlier this year?

EDDIE, DON
IT TAKES 2HRS AND 59 MINUTES JUST FOR THE ADS TO FINISH COMING UP!!!!!!!!
I AM GOING TO CHECK ON THE UP GRADE.
WHERE IN THE H__L IS UNCLE DAVE? HE USED TO BE ABOUT THE MOST HELPFUL MEMBER HERE WITH ADVICE. HE MUST BE GETTING TOO OLD TO TYPE. WHERE IS DONNIE?
THERE WAS A TIME WHEN YOU COULD NOT KEEP GARY FROM COMMENTING ON EVERY POST, HE MUST BE SAILING UP NEAR THE ARTIC CIRCLE!!!!! IF HE IS HALF AS CRAZY AS THE "CAJUNS" WHO OWN ANY KIND OF WATER CRAFT (EVEN A PIROUGE) I FEEL SORRY FOR HIS WIFE.

#335011 - 12/31/11 08:55 AM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Happy New Year Boo. Don't let Don get to you, it won't be long and he'll need a walker to get to the stage.

Tom

Edited by Tom Cavanaugh (12/31/11 08:55 AM)

Tom

#335014 - 12/31/11 09:52 AM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
If the ONLY thing that is slow is Yahoo Mail, then try gmail...
If EVERYTHING is bogged down, you need to 'clean up' (or upgrade) your computer.

Run C-Cleaner, Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, Defraggler, and your Anti-Virus program. I do this once a month, and when cleaned, create a restore point. All free apps that work!

Good Luck

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#335026 - 12/31/11 12:28 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: lahawk]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
If the ONLY thing that is slow is Yahoo Mail, then try gmail...
If EVERYTHING is bogged down, you need to 'clean up' (or upgrade) your computer.

Run C-Cleaner, Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, Defraggler, and your Anti-Virus program. I do this once a month, and when cleaned, create a restore point. All free apps that work!

Good Luck

Great advice. I do most of those monthly too.

#335039 - 12/31/11 03:37 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: brickboo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don't pick on me, Boo--I'm old and feeble. Here's where you should go and download this program--the free version. It will clean up that antique computer in a flash and you will be amazed at all the junk that is on your hard drive. Go to Advanced System Care.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#335042 - 12/31/11 05:49 PM Re: OT hope this is OK? YAHOO [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Gary,
I downloaded the free version a few months ago. I liked it so much I paid for the upgrade for $19.99 I think. I just don't like all of the junk it shows under passive defense that it says it is blocking. I called and complained about how did all of that stuff get in my log, and they said that that does not mean that anyone using my computer visited any particular site that is listed there in that log. And it shows 4810 places it is blocking. what do you think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online