SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#334867 - 12/27/11 07:17 PM Who is resposible for gigs at a hotel?
GammaCm Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Hi guys,
I relocate to Cancun, Mexico for at least for 6 month.
The first question is to whom should I apply for gigs at a hotel - to the owner, general manager, chief of entertainment or smb. else?
The second one is about payment - daily, weekly or monthly basis?
Please tell me which experience you have got.
All countries are welcome.
Here in Moscow, Russia we use daily payment for gigs and monthly if you work as a lobby bar entertainer at a hotel plus additional money from guests if they want to listen something special.

Have a nice gigs and Happy New Year!

Ian

#334905 - 12/28/11 04:55 PM Re: Who is resposible for gigs at a hotel? [Re: GammaCm]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
the Food and beverage Manager or the General Mang good start also talk to the event planners they will also help.

#334916 - 12/28/11 10:11 PM Re: Who is resposible for gigs at a hotel? [Re: GammaCm]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I certainly wouldn't go by the month! Get paid at least weekly.
Maybe you could talk or email Tony Rome. He has a nightclub in Cozumel and would be happy to give you info.
DonM

#334925 - 12/29/11 05:46 AM Re: Who is resposible for gigs at a hotel? [Re: DonM]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Originally Posted By: DonM
I certainly wouldn't go by the month! Get paid at least weekly.
Maybe you could talk or email Tony Rome. He has a nightclub in Cozumel and would be happy to give you info.
DonM

Definitely go see Tony; he's a great guy and has a fine restaurant and a stage all prepared for a OMB. He's two blocks down from the the main street by the flags in the center of oldtown. Ask around, many local merchants know Tony personally. Tell him Cass and Phyllis say HI...

#334940 - 12/29/11 04:48 PM Re: Who is resposible for gigs at a hotel? [Re: GammaCm]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I had work the Hotels in Mexico, mostly chains, either American/International (Americana Hotels, Hyatt, Marriotts, Ritz, HIlton, etc.) or domestic like Nacional Hotelera (Presidente Hotels), another smaller chains.

Most people in charge of the entertainment, are the Food and Beverages Managers, but, also the General Manager has a lot of say in that matter (Thatīs was the way I got in). cool

Go for the weekly pay, in some places in Mexico is necessary to be a member of the musicians Union. Check if your visa allows you to work there, that can be a situation that you want to be OK.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online