SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333800 - 11/27/11 03:07 PM help needed with registrations- very frustrated!
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I'm having a very frustrating problem. I hope I can clearly explain what's happening:

I'm saving registration of the tunes I sing on my flashdrive. When I add a new registration, some of (not all) old registration seem to disapear. The title of the registration is still there but what comes up is what ever I played last.

Imagine my embarasment when I am performing and I announce something like "OK folks let's go back to the swinging days of the big bands with In The Mood" I hit the tile "In the Mood" and a slow bossa nova style comes up!

Could my flash drive be out of memory? Too many registrations in the folder? Would I get some sort of message if there was no more memory/space?

This is happening on my Tyros 2. Any ideas?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#334012 - 12/02/11 11:23 AM Re: help needed with registrations- very frustrated! [Re: montunoman]
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
If it was out of memory, you wolud get an error message whn you save. Max 99 files in the root directory, and 256 files in a folder.

Are you using the Freeze function?
Did you check the Registration Memory Contents page?

If this doesn't help you may want to call us...

Yamaha USA Support

#334295 - 12/08/11 04:02 PM Re: help needed with registrations- very frustrated! [Re: montunoman]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
My friend bought a secondhand T2 and had much the same problem. The solution was the keyboard needed to have the latest update installed. He did this and everything is working o.k. now.

Could this be the cause in your case perhaps?

Audrey

#334296 - 12/08/11 04:07 PM Re: help needed with registrations- very frustrated! [Re: montunoman]
Audrey Turner Offline

Further to my reply to your post, if you look at earlier posts, you will see one from Nigel who gives the correct address for obtaining the latest 'version update' for Tyros 2.

It might help you.

Good luck! Audrey

#334750 - 12/24/11 02:50 PM Re: help needed with registrations- very frustrated! [Re: montunoman]
Audrey Turner Offline

Another thought is, if you are trying to use a previous registration from a Tyros 1 it will have to be converted to play on the Tyros 2. Even after the convertion, if you alter the Title or Icon your original registration may not play as, apparently, these actions can 'break the link'.

The answer is, if you're going to keep the original then just press the 'Save' button but if you change any of the original setting, give it a NEW NAME and then save it.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (12/24/11 02:51 PM)

#334818 - 12/26/11 02:47 PM Re: help needed with registrations- very frustrated! [Re: Audrey Turner]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks Audrey. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with tech support at Yamaha. They aren't sure what's wrong. They suggested that I get a hard drive. I just bought one but I'm not sure how to install it or even if I bought the right one. What a PITA! Hopefully I'll get it up and running soon.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#334904 - 12/28/11 04:51 PM Re: help needed with registrations- very frustrated! [Re: montunoman]
Audrey Turner Offline

I don't know how to install a hard drive but I believe it isn't that difficult, however, I understand the Tyros2 is restricted to housing an 80GB size hard drive, whereas, if you bought a PORTABLE HARD DRIVE, you would be able to save many more registrations, styles and any USB sticks you have.

I do small gigs on a regular basis which of course, entails a variety of sets for each venue and because of this, I quickly accumulated several USB sticks, so I bought a 320GB Iomega Portable Hard Drive for £39.00,(size approx.3" x 5") copied everything from the USB sticks to it and now I work with it permanently connected to my T4 saving all Medleys, Dances, Singalongs, Registrations, various Music Finders and any Styles I've tweaked direct to it and then just disconnect and take it with me when I'm entertaining. This means I can quickly access ALL previous sets and of course, it is also a backup when the on board hard drive doesn't load what I've asked for (which happens all too frequently I might add).

Hope this helps in some way.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online