SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#334919 - 12/29/11 12:17 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Donny will LOVE the keyboard when he gets. Then more than likely dump it in about two weeks. Stand by for a bargain!
I know you're reading this DNJ, and you can't even fight back!
smile
DonM

Woops!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334924 - 12/29/11 05:30 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: DonM]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Donny will LOVE the keyboard when he gets. Then more than likely dump it in about two weeks. Stand by for a bargain!
smile
DonM

I agree with you Don, but I'm not too sure about the bargain part. Donny can't sell it for much less than it costs AND I think this is gonna be a HoT commodity for the forseeable future. Besides, Fran hasn't bought one yet...

#334936 - 12/29/11 10:29 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: DAN.2000]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Yes, and I think there is no portamento...

There is (as RH sound-program).Will load all triton classic and LE programs (except for COMBIs).

You ‘ll have the following pros.

1.10 lbs pro arranger KB with speakers and aux input (buy your 199$ TC harmonizer and hook it up)

Actual midi ports and L/R out, sustain and assignable ins comparing to others - who have only USB to midi and Phone out/sustain in only)

3. Plays SMFs or Modified SMFs with internal sounds (yes modified ones, too- more than GM) directly from internal memory and from SD with no load time

4. Good synth engine/sounds and tons of editing (will load Triton programs)/Actual 16 trk sequencer with true edit (realtime/step) plus song recorder (they call it Backing SEQ) (record the accomp and RH notes in one pass, write it as a SMF).

5. Can rewrite all factory styles (4 variations each more than 300) including user area (can load 48 I believe), but you have SD drive –so no major issues

6. No sticking USB drives

7. arranger module with 5 octave keys (I know the size) with 4 WAY JOY STICK,(good choice that they stick to that,more useful than 2 tiny wheels on other micro series, which is unpractical becaue of the thick hard ware borders limiting the quick travel of wheels for simutaneous use of both)( try that with PSR s 650 which has no Mod wheel) ( did I mention speakers and 10 lbs only?) meaning you can create , edit songs anywhere without a computer or space issues.

Cons will be

1. 2 fills and some issues with fills (same old PA 80 BOARD)

2. Muti-pads won’t play loops (no OS update can’t do it either)

3. Styles somewhat busy and over orchestrated compared to mid Yammies ( PSR S series)

4. Small keys ( I would still take the keys than no keys at all)

5. Can't be battery powered ( well, you can have it all)

The same functions /sound board as PA50SD , so you can check the manual.

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/products/arrangers/pa50sd/pa50sd-manuals.html

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/331202/1

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...rang#Post331642

This will be a good addition of Korg sounds on top of any Yammy S series or Tyros.

Edited by jamman (12/29/11 11:00 AM)

#334937 - 12/29/11 11:21 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: jamman]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/products/arrangers/pa50sd/pa50sd-manuals.html

Go to page 144 for style and sound list.

Yammy conversions from Irish acts are OK.The main problem is 2 fills.

#334946 - 12/30/11 12:37 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
smile
DonM

Well the time is well up on his ban ... but I never received an apology, request for reinstatement or assurance his offensive comments would not occur again so the ban remains in place until all 3 conditions are met. Maybe that is asking the impossible ... if so, so be it.

#334976 - 12/30/11 07:47 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
OK, my Micro arrived this afternoon, but because of company and other commitments I've only gotten a little over an hour into this thing. Let me say first that this is NO TOY in any way, shape or form. It is playable right out of the box, but if you want your special features you better know your Korg OS or start learning quickly. This is a full-blown arranger, ala PA50 SD. The keys are the main difference and will attract all the questions. I kept trying to tell myself that they would be like accordion keys, but no way. They are true mini-keys; a little stubby but fat enough to play easily. Good feel. As some early reviews from across the ocean have said, the velocity curves are tight and nuances on piano and other touch sensitive sounds are difficult.

Only being slightly familiar with the OS kept me from performing some songs as I would have liked, but the styles were great and they reminded me of my ol'iX300, only better - some were even inspiring. I'm still trying to get balances right and make voice changes within programs. I briefly tried loading and playing along with some of my SMFs, but that's where I hit a wall. Trying to figure out how to load a song was not as easy I expected and it doesn't seem like there is a dedicated channel or two for right hand sounds except CH 1 - I'll need help in this area. Also haven't even touched the two sequencer concept with its balance slider...

That's about it for my first hour. I'd say I made a good decision and will sooner or later take it out for a spin to a NH job. For $499 or less you can't go wrong unless you absolutely can't stand 1) mini keys or 2) any Korg. BTW, DNJ says he's gotten about two hours in so far and has very similar feelings. He's owned a couple Korgs so he's a little more comfortable with the OS. His quote to me was, "Cass, this thing is DEEP..." But he hasn't loaded any SMFs yet. Hopefully he and I will learn this monkey together. If you buy it as a sound module, I'll bet you start using the keyboard sooner and more often than you think. * * * *

#334980 - 12/30/11 09:39 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: Nigel]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
smile
DonM

Well the time is well up on his ban ... but I never received an apology, request for reinstatement or assurance his offensive comments would not occur again so the ban remains in place until all 3 conditions are met. Maybe that is asking the impossible ... if so, so be it.

I had the sneaking suspicion DNJ was banned. Has Dicki been banished also?

#334986 - 12/30/11 11:11 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: Mark79100]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

I had the sneaking suspicion DNJ was banned. Has Dicki been banished also?

It's simple ... act like a jerk ... get treated like one. If I don't receive an apology or assurance the behavior won't be repeated then there is nothing for me to reconsider. These bans were never a secret. They were announced on the threads where the behavior occurred.

#334997 - 12/31/11 03:56 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
Dnj Offline

Hi Everyone…..

Frank at AUDIO WORKS in Milford Connecticut http://www.audioworksct.com/ really came thru again & I highly recommend dealing with him in any of your your future gear buying needs for sure!! I have the Micro Arranger here in my studio and was able to finally get a hour or so to sit down and play it…my initial thoughts were skeptical as how can a
9lb arranger KB really sound, YES I said 9lbs!.. OMG how wonderful to carry around and at $499.00?……well those thoughts were quickly squashed as to my amazement this unit is really impressive in so many ways.
It comes with a Quick start manual & a CD owners manual/restore data disc also… first off don’t expect the on-board speakers to blow you away because they don’t as expected. but put on some good headphones or plug the unit into some good monitors or powered speakers etc, and you will be a believer. As for the bewilderment of the mini keys that also was answered as soon as I played the kb….yes, they are mini box keys but they are just shorter then regular keys but the width of the
white /black keys is just enough to make it comfortable to play, with nice action also…after a while you get used to it and don’t even realize it which makes all the difference…somehow KORG did it right and this unit has a quality feel to it also …nice rubber buttons with great placement location for easy navigation while playing too, firm sliders, big bright display screen . Some really nice features too like a manual bass button, & bass Inversion, +/- transpose, & octave buttons on deck too…….I went thru all the styles and I’d say for my performance needs on stage there is about 70% usable factory styles right out of the box…some are hidden with different names that makes you wonder why they did that but you can always edit & change the names as with KORGS you can change almost everything on the KB…the quality of the styles & most of the sounds really impressed me ……super Organs with great Leslie EFX using the joy stick, Guitars, excellent Pianos, Elec Pianos, Saxes are very good expect the Growl Sax which I didn’t care for at all compared top my Yamaha S910, and Trumpets, Brass, Flutes,…Accordions, Harmonicas were on mark too…The styles really have a “LIVE” sound to them also with a nice progression thru the variations too..Right out of the box you can go gig with this baby no problem………
There is MUCH more to discover and I will try to express my thoughts as I go along with all of you just a bit busy gigging till NYE …..
KORG will sell a ton of these for sure.

Happy New Year to All Very Happy

#334999 - 12/31/11 04:44 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny

Congratulations on your new Korg!! smile Welcome back! Happy New Year!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online