SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#334896 - 12/28/11 01:18 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: rikkisbears]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Congratulations Guys,
be interested in what you think.

Anyone know where I could get hold of a manual?

Download PA50 SD.It does all the exact fuctions (except for the size).

#334897 - 12/28/11 01:36 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: jamman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As someone who has only played technics akb's, (and I STILLcurse them for leaving the market mad ), would this be a viable, considerably less expensive, way to introduce one's self to the KORG OS in case there was a change of kb in the future? juggle
Just askin'
thnx,

#334898 - 12/28/11 01:47 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Wondering if the Microarranger will sound the same as a PA60/80?

#334899 - 12/28/11 02:39 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: jamman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: jamman
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears

Anyone know where I could get hold of a manual?

Download PA50 SD.It does all the exact fuctions (except for the size).

Thanks Jamman.
I was able to locate a PDF of the Korg PA50 SD here. smile

btw: I had Frank check the MicroArranger for 'rootless style' chord voicing recognition on the MicroArranger, of which is included on the PA3X and later implemented on the PA2X in an OS Update. The MicroArranger & PA50 don't support this (yet), but I'm sure it could be easily added on the MicroArranger in an OS update, like it was done on the PA2X. cool fingers crossed.

#334900 - 12/28/11 02:52 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here's a link to ex-member John Smies work on the new "baby arranger".
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/v...4745f7dfb5601de
DonM

#334901 - 12/28/11 03:50 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Someone has to be the "voice of reason"....it might as well be me grin

This little guy (Micro arranger) is loaded.......loaded with all the things I disliked about the older Korg arrangers smile

You guys are bored and ready to buy any in-expensive toys..

The old Korgs..to an extent the new ones too...are poor when it comes to the OS..and stage friendly...NOT!!..

The Micro and the standard pa50sd are 32 mbs of rom sample...the sounds are not great as in detail...it reminds me of the sound quality we get with the MS soft synth..(Roland clone)...in fact I think the MS synth is 24 mbs with only a GM map of tones..

The Micro will not please anyone that plays the keys..with the exception of some PSR players (use to poor key feel) smile

It may be wiser to get the standard size PA50 sd..for a couple hundred more...

The Micro is a neat novelty tool ( I didn't want to say toy)...and it is cool to have one...if you know it's merits and limitations...but I think folks have build an image that will not stand up..

The plus side it is a module size with keys...easily manageable to carry....will amaze folks that the sound is coming from a "toylike" musical instrument.....all many reasons to get one...just be realistic... a 32 mb sound rom and a outdated OS..

And my pet peave with Korg ..the 4 effect block system..another reason to pass over the Micro for me....

PS: I'll probally order mine next week.. grin

#334910 - 12/28/11 06:16 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I chatted with Donny Pesce (Dnj) last night and he was excited that his board was arriving in the morning. I'm hoping to hear from him and will pass along any review he may give me.

Me, I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa. I really haven't bought a NEW keyboard in years. I think I bought an E09 out there a while ago, but nothing I planned to use. I'm hoping to be able to tote this baby around to church and some NH gigs. It'll be great for working upstairs instead of down. The only thing I'm not liking is the lack of a battery pack...

#334912 - 12/28/11 06:35 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran, we're moving from G70 to MicroA (or even PA50sd). I'm not expecting an A/B comparison, I'm expecting limitations; what'dya want for under $500. Even keyboards from 5-10 years ago have some knockout sounds and styles. The fact that you can load and edit styles and sounds is fantastic. I, and I assume many of those interested in the MicroA, am not looking for a TOTL arranger. We each have our wants and needs. I've owned a few Korg keyboards and pretty much know what kind of sounds and styles to expect. And I've played the MicroWorkstation and am knowledgeable of the mini keyboard. I'm not planning to go out with just the MicroA, a mic and an amp and play for a concert crowd, but I hope I could if I had to. Maybe it'll help me become a better organizer or editor of my music; maybe I'll play more; maybe you'll see it for sale before I leave for Florida - who knows. I'm thinking that I've thrown away more money on equipment that never worked. This will work - just fine.

#334915 - 12/28/11 10:08 PM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: frankieve]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny will LOVE the keyboard when he gets. Then more than likely dump it in about two weeks. Stand by for a bargain!
I know you're reading this DNJ, and you can't even fight back!
smile
DonM

#334918 - 12/29/11 12:14 AM Re: Korg Microarrangers have just landed [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Someone has to be the "voice of reason"....it might as well be me grin

This little guy (Micro arranger) is loaded.......loaded with all the things I disliked about the older Korg arrangers smile

You guys are bored and ready to buy any in-expensive toys..

The old Korgs..to an extent the new ones too...are poor when it comes to the OS..and stage friendly...NOT!!..

The Micro and the standard pa50sd are 32 mbs of rom sample...the sounds are not great as in detail...it reminds me of the sound quality we get with the MS soft synth..(Roland clone)...in fact I think the MS synth is 24 mbs with only a GM map of tones..

The Micro will not please anyone that plays the keys..with the exception of some PSR players (use to poor key feel) smile

It may be wiser to get the standard size PA50 sd..for a couple hundred more...

The Micro is a neat novelty tool ( I didn't want to say toy)...and it is cool to have one...if you know it's merits and limitations...but I think folks have build an image that will not stand up..

The plus side it is a module size with keys...easily manageable to carry....will amaze folks that the sound is coming from a "toylike" musical instrument.....all many reasons to get one...just be realistic... a 32 mb sound rom and a outdated OS..

And my pet peave with Korg ..the 4 effect block system..another reason to pass over the Micro for me....

PS: I'll probally order mine next week.. grin

Fran,

IYO what does all this say about anyone who buys one .......... ??? One word will do!

Don't think what's left of the Bee Gees would buy one but Korg are not that stupid to make something
that won't sell. I think Korg will have come up with a better company strategy than you give them credit
for. Now if Ketron had have put out such a KB I might well agree with some of what you say.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online