SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#334453 - 12/14/11 04:28 PM Question for Rikki ?
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi Rikki and all
I wonder if Rikki or anyone else has tried converting styles from KN7000 to Korg PAs, if so how ?

I have been waiting for about three months for our PAx3, the last estimated arrival was early December, maybe the ship got hijacked by pirates or perhaps Santa will deliver it grin
Still using KN7000 for gigs, and drooling over the comments from those of you who have got yours.
Maybe I should switch states Rikki, life is slower here in WA
Merry Christmas to you all

Eddie

#334457 - 12/14/11 09:14 PM Re: Question for Rikki ? [Re: Sandgroper]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Eddie,
I know, it's terrible how long most of you have had to wait.

I think I've had mine for nearly 6 months. I think I'd still be waiting too if I'd tried to buy mine in Sydney. I was lucky they had one in Newcastle, ( possibly sold the one they were going to use for demo's ). Don't think arrangers are a big seller here, so they jumped at the sale.

So , by the sounds of things, you still have your KN7?
If you don't need to get rid of it, for heaven's sake, hang on to it if you hope to convert styles across.

You could try using EMC style conversion software, but it doesn't do a particularly good job.
On the other hand, if you've still got a kn7000, you could convert from a midifile. A lot more work ( but there again , maybe not when you count the time it sometimes takes to fix up an emc conversion)

If I remember correctly ,can you save a KN7 song as a gm midifile?? or does it only save as Technics file with technics voices. If it saves as gm, makes things easier.

Basically it's a case of saving style as a midifile & importing it into PA3X as midifile with markers.

I basically do my psr conversions this way, and I'll be doing some of my ketron styles this way too.

Unfortunately my old KN7 styles I have to do thru emc as I no longer have my keyboard.

If you're interested, I can let you know what is required as far as the midifile goes, and I could give it a try on my PA3X to see how well it works.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#334474 - 12/15/11 07:22 PM Re: Question for Rikki ? [Re: Sandgroper]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
On Korgpa.com they have a bunch (70) of Technics styles converted to PA arrangers.

Check http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/bonusware.html

Technics® Styles 70 Styles converted from the KN-Series
(licensed from Taiyo Software) - Pa1X format
Technics.zip

#334475 - 12/15/11 09:53 PM Re: Question for Rikki ? [Re: rikkisbears]
Sandgroper Offline

Hi Ricki.
Thanks for your helpful reply, from what I've read in various articles about the Korg it comes with a trial version of Style Works, so I may wait ( How Long ??? ) until it all gets here and see if I can do any good with that. I have used it on the KN to convert, and I know it can be quirky.
I'll let you know how I get on. laugh

Best Wishes for Christmas

Eddie

#334476 - 12/15/11 10:03 PM Re: Question for Rikki ? [Re: Machetero]
Sandgroper Offline

Originally Posted By: Machetero
On Korgpa.com they have a bunch (70) of Technics styles converted to PA arrangers.

Check http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/bonusware.html

Technics® Styles 70 Styles converted from the KN-Series
(licensed from Taiyo Software) - Pa1X format
Technics.zip

Thanks for the pointer Machetero, I actually had found this site and d/loaded the file. One problem is that it doesent say just which styles they are so I;ll still have to wait 'till I get the PA.
My main reason for wanting to convert from KN is the fact that I have tweaked all the style I use on the technics & I thought it might be easyer to convert that re tweak, but that could be a "pipe dream"
Cheers
Eddie

#334489 - 12/16/11 02:11 PM Re: Question for Rikki ? [Re: Sandgroper]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Eddie & Machetero,
the KN styles on the Korg site, not sure if they'd be KN7's, I think they're from the earlier models.

KN styles just got more & more sophisticated thru the models.

The earlier KN2,3, & 5 may convert more easily than the KN7.

Unfortunately the fact that you tweaked the styles, I don't think would come thru in a conversion.

One reason I do mine from midifiles rather than thru EMC ( whenever possible) EMC removes multiple tempo changes in intro's & endings. It doesn't always get the drums quite right, few other quirky things here & there.
Mind you , I wouldn't be without EMC, I've been upgrading it for the last 20 years or so.

It's just that the korg Import/Export of styles as midifiles is good on the korg, I prefer to do mine that way.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online