SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#334256 - 12/07/11 02:48 PM Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
What steps are you using when loading patterns from memory stick?
I've printed the instructions for doing this from the Ketron site but so far can't load anything. After pressing the disc button then the next step is supposed to show what is on the memory stick so you can make selection but it doesn't. It's like the A4 isn't recognizing there is anything inserted.
Gary

#334258 - 12/07/11 03:32 PM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: gruhs]
Tonewheeldude Offline

from memory; i think this is correct:

1)press the disk button

you should see at the bottom left of the screen C:/ and D:/remov

2)select the D:/remov drive by pressing the appropriate USER button.

3) select DISK MENU by pressing the appropriate USER button
4) use the cursor keys followed by the <ENTER> tab to select the files you wish to copy from your USB stick
5) select COPY (F1 I think)
6) select the C:/ drive
7) user cusrsor keys to go to USER STYLES and press <ENTER>, then select the category folder (e.g. UNPLUGGED)
8) use the appropriate USER tab to confirm.

note: you can select (with the ENTER tab as many files to copy over as you wish.

#334262 - 12/07/11 05:16 PM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: Tonewheeldude]
gruhs Offline

Ok, finally managed to get a pattern loaded and then decided I didn't like it anyway.
Conclusion: Considering all the steps involved, all the button pushing involved, and the lack of clear step by step instructions (for example when do you use "enter" and when do you use "execute") I would suggest using what comes in the unit (they are best anyway) and not take a chance loading any others. I can see how some newbies (like me) screw up their machines messing with them.

Gary

ps It seems there are already "user patterns" in each catagory in the A4. Example, if you push the "ballad button" there are a bunch of patterns to use and if you first push the "user" button and then the "ballad button" there is another different bunch and I'm fairly sure the place I purchased from didn't add anything... the box hadn't been opened.

#334281 - 12/08/11 09:20 AM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: gruhs]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Gary,
if you desire just play files from your USB stick,then insert your stick,chouce D remuval and data on your stick aper on scren.
With rotating knobe just higlight any style or midi file and push Enter button
That is all.In ather words if you want to coppy files from USB then follow Tonewhelldude instruction.

Good lack

#334284 - 12/08/11 11:50 AM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: gruhs]
Tonewheeldude Offline

how about that...i didn't know you could play them directly from the USB stick as it never occured to me to try it! Thanks Dusan.

#334286 - 12/08/11 01:40 PM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
how about that...i didn't know you could play them directly from the USB stick as it never occured to me to try it! Thanks Dusan.

You always welcome Tone....

#334287 - 12/08/11 01:58 PM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: Dusan]
gruhs Offline

Thanks Dusan, I'll try that... great tip

#334435 - 12/13/11 05:52 PM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: Dusan]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Can you also do that on the Midjay Plus I wonder? Play the patterns from the floppy disc I mean.
It sounds like it would make life a lot easier when auditioning patterns
Anyone know the answer to this
Thanks

Originally Posted By: Dusan
Gary,
if you desire just play files from your USB stick,then insert your stick,chouce D remuval and data on your stick aper on scren.
With rotating knobe just higlight any style or midi file and push Enter button
That is all.In ather words if you want to coppy files from USB then follow Tonewhelldude instruction.

Good lack

#334439 - 12/14/11 12:20 AM Re: Loading patterns in the A4 From Memory Stick [Re: gruhs]
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
This option is very slooooooooooooow,you can edit your smf but you can not save them directly to usb,so always copy to the hd,works a lot faster.
Audyaplayer

Edited by audyaplayer (12/14/11 12:33 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online