SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#333889 - 11/29/11 08:07 AM Re: iGigBook - A Promising New iPad App Ver. 1.55 [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Does anyone have the Real Book fifth edition in BASS clef for PDF format? I'd love to use it with one of my young standup bass students, and all I have are the C,Bb and Eb books. Thanx!
I of course (like you) don't condone downloading copyrighted PDF books,
but (via Google search) see it's on 4Shared: here

That said, in the case of 'The Real Book fifth edition',
that edition of the book was produced with no royalties paid to the composers whose songs appear in that book,
so consequently, the actual book itself violates copyright laws and technically illegal.
Before the digital age, the paper bound version of the book was usually sold surreptitiously in local music stores,
often hidden behind the counter for customers who asked. Here's more interesting information & history on the 'original' "The Real Book".

Scott

#333954 - 12/01/11 06:35 AM Re: iGigBook - A Promising New iPad App Ver. 1.55 [Re: Scottyee]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
A little colloquial “Fake Book” history: Back in the early ‘50’s, before “Fake Books” were sold surreptitiously in music stores, it was an exciting escapade to procure one. Here’s how we purchased our first “Fake Book”; we contacted a guy who knew guy, we were given a description of a car, then we were instructed to go to a busy side street in Philadelphia, find the car, and on the back seat, driver’s side, we would find “the package”. We put the money on the seat and took “the package”.
Ciao,
Jerry

Uncle Dave and Fran, this was pre-Benny

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online