SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#333860 - 11/28/11 10:06 PM SD Cards, Again
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
For the "Experts" on the KN 7000.
I have a sound in sound memory titled OLD ORGAN.
I have a rhythm in the rhythm memory titled 8BT SLOW ROCK.
I cannot work out how to combine the two in one function ie Panel Memory, and save on SD or disc.
Am I stupid or is it not possible?
If possible please explain in simple terms for this simple man.
While I am posting....MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!
Thanks Ray dance

#333870 - 11/29/11 01:35 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Ray , I've tried to find this "old Organ" sound in my Kn7000 without any success so far !!

My Kn7000 also has all 4 expansion boards fitted .

Please would you be kind enough to explain exactly what buttons you are pressing to locate this sound .

Regards .....Giovanni

#333871 - 11/29/11 01:52 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: Giovanni]
The Saint Offline

Hi Giovanni, yes, I could not find it on any cards that I have. My brother has it on his Custom Memory on an SD card, and we do not know where it came from. Maybe on a disc/CD from previous owner, although I would think his background would not be particularly aligned with this style, (but I have been wrong before). The soft rock rhythm could be from outside the KN7000 as well.
Ray dance

Edited by The Saint (11/29/11 01:54 AM)
Edit Reason: omission

#333875 - 11/29/11 04:16 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Ray,

I don`t know if I have understood correctly. You want to sound "old organ" with rhythm "8BtSlow Rock" combined?

First Upload the sound "old body" to a floppy.

Second Charging the rhythm "8Bt Slow Rock" in the Composer.

Third Insert the floppy disk with the sound "old institution"
in the drive of the KN 7000
Press the button "Disk", then "Load" then Page3 / 3 -
Panel Memory Mode
and upload the sound "old organ" for PM 1-8.

4 Save remember.

See also manual page 126

#333879 - 11/29/11 04:42 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
After storing the custom sound OLD ORGAN and custom rhythm 8BT SLOW ROCK to panel memory you can save the panel memory to SD but don't forget to also save SOUND MEMORY and ALL CUSTOM STYLE (page 2/3 of save menu). This is necessary to make sure that these custom files are available at reload.
Loading ALL CUSTOM STYLE will take more time at reload so you better copy the custom style to composer memory (custom style copy) and then save to panel memory together with the custom sound. In that case you should not forget to save panel memory together with composer and sound memory (page 2/3 of save menu).
I hope that you understand my explanation.
Bert

#333882 - 11/29/11 05:49 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: HarryG]
HarryG Offline

Originally Posted By: HarryG
Hi Ray,

I don`t know if I have understood correctly. You want to sound "old organ" with rhythm "8BtSlow Rock" combined?

First Upload the sound "old body" to a floppy.

Second Charging the rhythm "8Bt Slow Rock" in the Composer.

Third Insert the floppy disk with the sound "old Organ"
in the drive of the KN 7000
Press the button "Disk", then "Load" then Page3 / 3 -
Panel Memory Mode
and upload the sound "old organ" for PM 1-8.

4 Save remember.

See also manual page 126

#333921 - 11/30/11 02:27 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: HarryG]
The Saint Offline

Hi Guys, maybe I should explain further. The OLD ORGAN is in the "sound group" memory button in one folder, and the 8bt SOFT ROCK rhythm is in the memory button, (not custom),in the "rhythm group" of another song list same folder.
This is where my problem lies
Every time I load one or the other to Panel Memory, all previous sounds are cancelled, and I want to merge the two together.
Ray confused1

Edited by The Saint (11/30/11 02:28 AM)

#333928 - 11/30/11 10:01 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Load old organ and on Page 2 of save to floppy disk alter everything except sound memory to 'No'.
Load 8bt soft rock rhythm and then load just that sound from the floppy disk by altering page 2 again so that everything is 'No' except sound memory.
Then work through your panel memories saving the rhythm variations with that old organ sound; and then finally save all that to SD Card.

#333932 - 11/30/11 11:34 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Ray, sorry for my misunderstanding. Now I understand that you have the sound and rhythm (the ones that you want to combine) in different folders on SD.
You should follow Roger's procedure.
Bert

#333940 - 11/30/11 04:45 PM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Another way of doing it, is to press and hold down the centre Blue button of the Panel Memory Wheel and when the screen changes, make sure the the EXPAND MODE is on, then go to page 2 and switch ON or OFF the 'Part' you do not wish to be saved When you're satisfied with your set, name and save to one of the Panel Memories or an SD Card.

Audrey

#334380 - 12/11/11 10:55 PM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: Audrey Turner]
The Saint Offline

Thank you all for the advice, BUT.....nothing worked.
Everytime I deleted the functions (apart from Sound Memory), they still loaded into the machine.
Everytime I loaded the rhythm after loading Old Organ sound, everything was overwritten and OLD ORGAN was gone.
Next Day......I convinced my brother to bring his sd card with the data on it to me and I would try it again.
All previous methods failed again, but once by accident (Iknow you will tell me there is no such thing) I had the rhythm 8bt soft rock with Old Organ on rt1 and some other sounds on rt2 and left 1.
Clever me says if I have Old Organ on rt1 I should be able to load it from whatever source it appeared on the KN7 to rt2 and left1.
The source was a page in the memory button, but it would not save to rt2 or left1 directly from the highlighted Old Organ on that page.
Clever me again highlighted another sound on that page and then went back to highlight Old Organ and THEN saved to rt2 and left1.
Success at last. Please tell me HOW!!!!!!!!!
Now that I am an expert I will provide the settings for anyone who desires same. (When I find out how to do that).
Merry Christmas to you all and many thanks for your assistance in the past and hopefully in the future.

Ray dance

#334383 - 12/12/11 02:02 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: The Saint]
HarryG Offline

Hi Ray,

Check your mail!

#334675 - 12/23/11 01:16 AM Re: SD Cards, Again [Re: HarryG]
HarryG Offline

Hi Ray,

I have sent you several registrations. Try again if your problem has solved itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online