SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333808 - 11/27/11 07:56 PM Revoicing and saving YAMAHA purchased MIDI songs
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Pet peeve of mine that Yamaha won't allow the saving of edited purchased Muscisoft MIDI files...

I downloaded the Christmas song and wanted to revoice it to use as a store Demo....old vs new. But could not save it. GRRRRR.

Not even as registrations!!! So I have to send the MIDI information to SONAR and revoice them there and then save the new MIDI file and send it back to the Tyros. PIA .

I don't understand why we cannot revoice and SAVE the XS and GM files.

Edited by Kingfrog (11/27/11 07:57 PM)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#334011 - 12/02/11 11:11 AM Re: Revoicing and saving YAMAHA purchased MIDI songs [Re: Kingfrog]
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Try this:
After using the Mixing Console to revoice the song:
1. Press the STOP button to return to the top of the track.
2. Press [Digital Recording]
3. Choose 'Song Creator' [A]
4. Tab right to the 'Channel' tab
5. Scroll down to 'Setup'
6. Choose 'Execute' [D]

Now save the song. If it is copyrighted, you will get a notification, but the process should still work. If not, please call us at 714.522.9000

Regards,

Yamaha Support

#334104 - 12/04/11 10:08 AM Re: Revoicing and saving YAMAHA purchased MIDI songs [Re: YamahaUS1]
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Thanks...Yep it is "copyrighted" but I don;t understand how that copyright is infringed upon trying to simply revoice a file and save it at least as a saved revoice registration. The file I downloaded was done with the GM files and the best "presentation" of it (Christmas Song) is revoiced but i cannot take the time to revoice it with every demo. The customer sees the process and is put off by the "complication"

It can be done anyway with the MIDI information off loaded and resaved as a new file but that should not be necessary,

Edited by Kingfrog (12/04/11 10:10 AM)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#334907 - 12/28/11 05:25 PM Re: Revoicing and saving YAMAHA purchased MIDI songs [Re: Kingfrog]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I agree , i have a lot of yamaha midi files for my tyros 4 and that makes me upset as well, if you figure out how to do it please let mre know the way you did it thanks Ron

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online