SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33328 - 04/09/03 04:44 AM SD1: Why does a midifile not replay volume changes?
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
Hi Ketron friends

During recording a midifile with "Song Record" I change the volume of the left hand with the "Balance" buttons.

If I display this midifile with my PC sequencer it contains on track 1 a series of sysex commands F0 26 7B 1C 00 VALUE. (Left Level)

However upon replaying the file with "Song Play" doesn't change its volume, the volume remains on the initial value. Is there any parameter set wrongly in my SD1?

Thanks for any help and brgds
Hansruedi

#33329 - 04/09/03 06:20 PM Re: SD1: Why does a midifile not replay volume changes?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by hrh999:
Hi Ketron friends

During recording a midifile with "Song Record" I change the volume of the left hand with the "Balance" buttons.

If I display this midifile with my PC sequencer it contains on track 1 a series of sysex commands F0 26 7B 1C 00 VALUE. (Left Level)

However upon replaying the file with "Song Play" doesn't change its volume, the volume remains on the initial value. Is there any parameter set wrongly in my SD1?

Thanks for any help and brgds
Hansruedi

They only thing I could suggest is that the SD1 has assigned different midi channels to lower 1 + 2 . When I record using a style , I find one of the lower sounds in assigned to track 3 ( or midi channel 3) . So maybe if you can match the SD1 assignments to the software your using , it will make a difference !
Dano

------------------
Piano Man's Keyboard City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com or keyboardcity@yahoo.com

#33330 - 04/09/03 11:25 PM Re: SD1: Why does a midifile not replay volume changes?
hrh999 Offline

Loc: 8302 Kloten, Switzerland
Hi Dan

Thanks for your help! I think (?) it has nothing to do with the channel assignment, as the file is replayed immediately on the SD1, where it doesn't change the volume. (I used the PC's sequencer only to display the file, as I was wondering whether and what types of midi commands were there).
Further I have never changed any channel assignments, unless Rel. 4.0a would have done so.

Brgds from the cold Zurich
Hansruedi

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online