SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333247 - 11/08/11 09:45 AM (OT) Check out Daryl's House!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I always thought that Daryl Hall and John Oates were "bubble Gum" players...not much substance, or talent, for that matter.

Then, last New Year's Eve, on a break, I ran into a broadcast of a special. Daryl has been hosting "Daryl's House", a cool internet program for a while. He invites some recognized people over...one at a time, adds some killer studio guys, cooks up some food, breaks out a little wine, and they all play and sing their asses off.

I'm talking Smokey Robinson, a personal favorite of mine, Robb Thomas (Sway, etc.) and others.

The guest sings some Daryl Hall, and Daryl sings some of the guest's pieces. Daryl can hold his own with the best of them.

He appears to be gracious, talented and, at 65 years old, not any more ready to call it quits than I am.

Check them out. They're all over YouTube.

Shows me to not be so quick to judge.

R.

#333248 - 11/08/11 11:02 AM Re: (OT) Check out Daryl's House! [Re: captain Russ]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
He's just awesome and it's great. This is from the archive site... he and Todd Rundgren.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/currentep.html?ep_id=55

BTW, the archive link above is very high quality video/audio.

#333268 - 11/09/11 06:27 AM Re: (OT) Check out Daryl's House! [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Thanks for the link Bill.
What a grreat site !
Who else was reminded of Al Jarreau (Moonlighting Theme) when listening to Darryl, especially on the first track?

BTW, Moonlighting was a great series ...anyone know if DVD;s are available?

cheers

#333288 - 11/10/11 07:49 AM Re: (OT) Check out Daryl's House! [Re: captain Russ]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Thanks for the link, the Booker T episode was awesome

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online