Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#333023 - 10/31/11 07:41 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: zuki
Thanks for the comments. Thanks also to Al who pointed out my incorrect last name smile I guess I got finger happy.

Jim there are always people who will find fault, you keep up the good work and nice to share you work with us all. Looks like your in the lead 10 to 2, you have my support.

Tony

A familiar tune from Mr. Hughes...

Jim has been doing this, in the same market as I am, for several years with great success. I think he expects a little more from me than a patronizing. "Looks Good, Jim!" I'd like to see it be even better than it is right now, so I shared a thought from my 16 years of this kind of work.

There's no race here, no one's winning 10-2, sheez...Are you suggesting that two of us don't want it to work for him?

Jim put his big-boy pants on a long time ago...I think he can take it, lol...

(NOTE: I just see that the esteemed Mr. Diamond has weighed in on the same issue I did with the same opinion. I might have my head up my ass, but I'm thinking if both Gary and myself see the same concern and suggest the same remedy, it might..MIGHT...be something for Jim to consider.)

Edited by Bill in Dayton (10/31/11 07:45 AM)

#333024 - 10/31/11 08:17 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Tony Hughes Offline

No Bill,

As usual you have the wrong end of the stick, I merely meant that only two of you didn't just say it looks good and leave it at that, in fact Bill this is not the first time you have wadded in with your expertise on Web Site Design. We could all crawl all over everyone’s website and find something we didn’t take to or like. People who do their own web sites have their own ideas; it doesn’t have to be as good as yours or any other for that matter, its personal like writing a letter. I also noted that Jim said it was modest, I presume he will build on that in his own time and his own way hopefully.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333025 - 10/31/11 08:23 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Jim you mean finger haaaappppyyyy, I think your front page is good and snappy, you will sit back over time and make a good job of rest of it, I like the photo with the KB on it's end, thats good, where's your Avatar, why not use that photo. Jim there are always people who will find fault, you keep up the good work and nice to share you work with us all. Looks like your in the lead 10 to 2, you have my support.

Good Luck with it.

Tony

He has my support too, Tony...and as we can see, there will always be those who can't understand your great sense of humor...pity them, don't feed them. wink

11 to 2 at last count. grin

BTW...at least Jim's site is up to date; something others seem to pretermit.

Ian

#333026 - 10/31/11 09:43 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: ianmcnll]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

You've mentioned this website out of date thing before. What are you talking about?

#333029 - 10/31/11 11:53 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: Bill in Dayton]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

You've mentioned this website out of date thing before. What are you talking about?

If you were paying attention, you would have seen my reply was to Tony's post...not yours.

Tony and I are members in good standing of the Up To Date Web Site Appreciation Society.

It's a very exclusive society, and probably why you may not have heard of it.

Ian

BTW...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Are you playing tonight?

#333038 - 10/31/11 02:35 PM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: ianmcnll]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Yes, I'm playing with my grandson this evening...

smile

Just an afternoon gig today...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online