SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#332949 - 10/28/11 03:56 AM BK7M Sound module
DoubleSwiss Offline

Question:

Is it possible to have the BK7M sound module of Roland control a PCR 500 edirol masterkeyboard via controlmaps on an external USB STICK thru the BK7M external usb port?

I know how to assign controlmaps to the PCR500 via the computer with the PC EDITOR VERSION 2.1. But i dont't wanna carry my HP everytime along.

Thanks.

Kind regards, Doubleswiss from the Netherlands

#332956 - 10/28/11 08:51 AM Re: BK7M Sound module [Re: DoubleSwiss]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can certainly control the BK7M with an external controller keyboard. I use PCR800. I am extremely happy with the module and what it allows me to do.
The controller can store multiple control maps. I use PCR Editor V2, which is free.
I'm not certain what you mean by having the control maps on the USB stick, but I don't think you could do it that way, other than have them stored as backup to the controller keyboard.
You can find a lot of information concerting this and other questions at:
www.roland-arranger.com

DonM

Edited by DonM (10/28/11 08:52 AM)

#332964 - 10/28/11 04:33 PM Re: BK7M Sound module [Re: DonM]
DoubleSwiss Offline

Hello Don,

Thanks for the link, i think it will help me further.

As i've read from the PCR500 manual is that you can only save 2o usermaps, which can contain all the tones/settings you need for one or more songs, after you've configures them via the PCR EDITOR V2 on your laptop. As for now that will be enough. But when your doing a live performance with the band i think i might need more, but im not sure yet. i have to gather all the orchestrations of the songs first and organize the controlmaps in an efficent way. I tink you're right about the usb port on the bk-7m; its purpose, besides for backup and storage of a performance, is unusable for what i had in mind.

Thanks again for the link.

regards, herman

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online