Topic Options
#332938 - 10/27/11 09:24 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: zuki]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Good job, nice and clean.

#332942 - 10/27/11 04:15 PM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jim, I didn’t know that you were that pretty; great picture and nice keyboard.

Your website looks good; it should bring you lots of work.

Good luck and happy playing, John C.

#332944 - 10/27/11 06:19 PM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jim ... real nice ... what did you use for that? ... could you provide details?
thnx,
t.
PS ... Are ALL your gigs one hour?
t.

#332954 - 10/28/11 08:45 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: tony mads usa]
zuki Offline

Hey t. - I used a Go Daddy template and worked from that. Took a bit, but not difficult. They have 24/7 assistance too. Get a package deal (domain, etc) and just work with them, if you want simple. Most of my jobs are (1) hour. You can cursor over the event to find the times!

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Jim ... real nice ... what did you use for that? ... could you provide details?
thnx,
t.
PS ... Are ALL your gigs one hour?
t.

Edited by zuki (10/28/11 08:48 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#332955 - 10/28/11 08:50 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: bruno123]
zuki Offline

Gee thanks Bruno - first time someone's called me pretty since the elders in the front row smile Hopefully this expense will land a few more jobs.

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Jim, I didn&#146;t know that you were that pretty; great picture and nice keyboard.

Your website looks good; it should bring you lots of work.

Good luck and happy playing, John C.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#332984 - 10/29/11 12:53 PM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: zuki]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Impressive. I hope you'll remember to let us know when it's "up and running." Nice work and best of luck.

Dave Rice

#333012 - 10/31/11 12:10 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: zuki]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Great start, Jim.

I'd suggest including the names of the venues where you perform at your calendar. The times and cities are nice, but leaving out the names seems conspicuous.

#333016 - 10/31/11 02:39 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Great start, Jim.

I'd suggest including the names of the venues where you perform at your calendar. The times and cities are nice, but leaving out the names seems conspicuous.

Bill,

When Jim does his demo, perhaps you could get those dolly birds for him that you got on your photo shoot!! I know it will cost him!

Maybe he only wants us to hear how he plays. This his first attempt at websites, lets give him a break, he will tart it
up in time I am sure, he has time on his side looking at his photo, which I think is very good.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333017 - 10/31/11 02:44 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: zuki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: zuki
Thanks for the comments. Thanks also to Al who pointed out my incorrect last name smile I guess I got finger happy.

Jim you mean finger haaaappppyyyy, I think your front page is good and snappy, you will sit back over time and make a good job of rest of it, I like the photo with the KB on it's end, thats good, where's your Avatar, why not use that photo. Jim there are always people who will find fault, you keep up the good work and nice to share you work with us all. Looks like your in the lead 10 to 2, you have my support.

Good Luck with it.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333022 - 10/31/11 07:36 AM Re: My new (modest) web site [Re: zuki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jim,

I too would post the names of the facilities on your calendar, which provides prospective clients the opportunity to both see and hear you perform. A word of advice, though. It has been my experience, and the experience of many, many others of whom I'm personally acquainted, that by and large web sites usually do not produce additional jobs, and they take lots of time to maintain, especially if you have a calendar that needs constant updating. In all the years I had a web site I did not book a single job directly from the site. Consequently, after more than 5 years I decided to drop the domain name and site and continue with my direct mail approach. Direct mail produced a response rate of nearly 25 percent when followed by phone calls and visits to the ADs. That combination works extremely well for ME!

Also, be sure to place your website address on all your business cards, CDs, Letterheads, etc..., so folks can find it. Keep in mind that unless you register with a series of search engines on at least a weekly basis, your site will quickly slide down the list.

Good Luck, Jim,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online