SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#332388 - 10/09/11 07:04 AM It's no Tea Party out there...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
As we head into the 23rd day of the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) protests, thousands of Americans have taken to the streets of a growing number of various cities and expressed their outrage at the abuse of large corporations, banks and the government against the "common man." For over two weeks, I've watched and listened as this movement claimed a pedigree straight from the uprisings earlier this year in Egypt's Tahrir Square.

I saw large, mostly youthful looking, crowds chanting and marching and sitting and in some cases, getting arrested. Their immediate intent is to physically take over Wall Street. Their long term goal is less clear. In general, "they" want to see more responsible behavior from the firms that run and benefit from our financial district. Who is against that? Its unclear to me how long this will go on. The protests seem to be gaining in number and locations all around the country. As unions and other labor groups join arms with OWS group, I think they will become more organized and begin to deliver a more defined "message" for all to hear.

Read more...Reasonable Conversation

#332389 - 10/09/11 08:02 AM Re: It's no Tea Party out there... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Online   content

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Agree or disagree with Occupy, one has to admire those that actually take action based on their firm believe that this Country is not owned by the people, but rather super corporations.

BTW Bill,
Your writing skills are to be admired.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#332462 - 10/12/11 06:01 PM Re: It's no Tea Party out there... [Re: lahawk]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Thanks for reading, Larry....

#332472 - 10/12/11 11:57 PM Re: It's no Tea Party out there... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I agree with Larry. Bill, you really have a knack for making people think with your writing. If more of us spent time thinking we would all be better off and maybe not be in the mess we find ourselves in at the moment.

#332503 - 10/13/11 08:48 PM Re: It's no Tea Party out there... [Re: Nigel]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Thanks Nigel...

I appreciate everyone who makes the Reasonable Conversation blog a website to check out every day or so. I think I'm coming from a perspective that's getting "shouted down" by the right wing and left wing media machines. The political spectrum is shaped like a Bell Curve. I have to remind myself sometimes, that despite how loudly the fringe screams...sometimes at me...they're still the fringe. The "reasonable conversation" in the middle-where most people are, is getting drowned out.

And that makes me nuts, lol...

(I also appreciate that you permit me to cross post here in The Bar. My Google Stats program tells me a consistent number of SZ people are visiting the RC Blog on a daily basis. That's very flattering to me.)

Edited by Bill in Dayton (10/13/11 08:52 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online