SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#332102 - 09/30/11 02:29 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: montunoman]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
Here’s how I see it. The Tyros 4 is like the responsible girl (or boy) friend that you could take home to meet your parents. She has her act together and you know your mom will approve. She is very pretty but not really sexy. The Ketron Audya,on the other hand is like the girl with the “reputation”. Maybe your mom has heard about her. You know the type: very sexy, she turns heads wherever she goes. People talk about her. She does things her way and doesn’t give a damn what people say about her. You know she’s a “bad” girl but there’s something so alluring about her.
So do you want the sensible girlfriend with her act together or a girlfriend with a bit of an edge to her?

When you put it that way.....I would have to pass on the Tyros4 smile

#332104 - 09/30/11 03:03 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: montunoman

So do you want the sensible girlfriend with her act together or a girlfriend with a bit of an edge to her?

I'll have the former, please...from what we've been hearing about the latter, you can expect some unpleasant surprises that even penicillin won't cure.

Or, you could forgo excitement altogether, and get something really dull and boring like a G-70...

Ian

#332113 - 09/30/11 06:48 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: ianmcnll]
philip2000 Offline

Loc: maryland
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
[quote=montunoman]

As long as the bad girl doesn't get pregnant because she lied about her birth control----lol
Acutally, the main thing holding me back (aside from not having one to try) is that support seems weak (I had emailed some pre-buyer questions and never received a response), and there are a number of users that seem to have problems that aren't getting resolved.

I actually did look at the manual of the pa3x when I was at the store---I know my take on it is totally subjective, but I took the korg out of the running because it did sound kind of flat to me. (it seemed to be hooked up correctly wink
tyros 4 is good, but doesn't quite have the WOW factor that audya does. vanilla = bland? I guess a lot of it sounds kind of "canned"
some of their sounds do kind of POP but it isn't across the board(pun intended wink

aside from the audya 61 keys and controller joystick (vs wheels), there is no other difference between 61 key and larger board?)

thank you all for taking the time to answer this neophyte's questions! I was a first time poster and all of you have been very helpful and kind

#332119 - 10/01/11 06:26 AM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: philip2000]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've said this many times. My experience with the Audya has been a horror story:

Audya 4
* Received with Side Panels loose and broken
* Controls are so compacted on the portable unit, you can easily hit the wrong buttons when selecting various live settings.
* The manual is horrible; I couldn't even figure out how to trigger the damn thing with a controller

Audya 5
* Constant Screen Flicker
* Right side audio output of unit kept cutting in and out requiring a power reset
* Kept getting Exception 1 errors when boot up
* Audio Looping of Drums had discernible gaps
* Non-Existent support from Ketron
* Was not impressed with the acoustic sounds
* Many Styles were lacking (Big Band for example).
* Manual sucks.

Now I know some of those issues above have been fixed, but it has taken over a year for some owners to get this fixed. Release of new styles and sounds has taken over a year. I'm not even comparing the Audya to any other keyboard, just evaluating it from it's own point of view. I felt this board is just TOO risky to be considered for live gigging. It's just not reliable.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#332138 - 10/01/11 04:53 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: kbrkr]
philip2000 Offline

Loc: maryland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_A9WWhgrkc

I don't know if there is the capability of embedding vide on on this site (HTML not enabled)
but this guy (abaco62 tag on youtube) makes the audya REALLY sing.
he says he does tweak some things and there are still some problems with the board..
the biggest concern for me at this point is what I hear/read (and experienced to some degree) about lousy support ...and the previous poster's experience (this sounds like a recurring theme...not just one person complaining about ketron quality)

Edited by philip2000 (10/01/11 04:57 PM)
Edit Reason: hit enter button accidently before finishing post...DOH!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online